Yellow Ledbetter

2 months ago

"What's a seven-letter word for kill me now?" Bonnie groaned as tried to tune out the music Damon was playing.

"That joke got old six weeks ago." Damon said as he flipped over yet another pancake.

"And so did this crossword puzzle." Bonnie huffed. "Everyday for two months I've done this stupid thing," Bonnie said, clearly irritated, "And I still haven't figured it out 27 across 'Old tongue twister Eddie turned top 40.'" 

After another moment of Bonnie staring at the crossword puzzle, Bonnie rolled her eyes before slouching into the couch whilst Damon brought over two plates of pancakes. Damon then placed Bonnie's plate down on Lexi's legs which were currently resting over Bonnie's lap

"And I hate pancakes." Bonnie said angrily as she began stabbing the stack of pancakes with her fork. Lexi groaned, the pressure being applied to her legs causing her to wake from her power nap.

"What did they ever do to you besides bless your taste buds?" Lexi said sarcastically as she took her plate from Damon and placed it on the coffee table next to her, "Thank you."

"Those pancakes, like myself" Damon said as he moved back into the kitchen, "Are waiting for you two be witchy to get us the hell out of here."

"You know we've been trying." Bonnie snapped as she stood up. Due to the force and speed as Bonnie stood up, Lexi's legs were knocked off the couch. Her legs were quickly followed by the rest of her body as she collapsed onto the floor.

"And failing" Damon yelled, "Further evidence we're in hell."

"I'm okay" Lexi announced as she re-surfaced from behind the lounge. 

"Can you guys hear that?" Bonnie asked. Lexi instantly stood up as she too was able to here the noise.

"What would we have Bonnie?" Damon asked. "We're the only people here. We were the only three people here 2 months ago and we are the only three people here now." He snapped

"Well I swear I heard something" Bonnie yelled in response.

"Maybe it's the sound of existential despair." Damon declared sarcastically.

"Based on the fact I can hear it as well I am going got chose to ignore that remark." Lexi said as she moved to the table to eat her pancakes.

"There is no sound." Damon said, looking between Lexi and Bonnie.

"You know what?" Bonnie snapped. "Maybe it's actually my personal hell and that's why I have been stuck here with you." Bonnie yelled at Damon before storming off.  

"I love how I'm not even mentioned in these fights anymore." Lexi said to herself as she knew Bonnie and Damon were too pissed off to acknowledge her comment.

----------------------------------------------------------

"I miss them too you know" Bonnie said as she placed down a bowl of soup in front of Damon and then Lexi.

"We all miss them." Lexi said, looking at Damon. Damon only nodded in agreement as he acknowledged that they were trying to cheer him up. After Bonnie stormed off, Lexi finished her pancakes before going to find her. Damon, noticing Lexi leaving for Bonnie, realised that he probably shouldn't have been as harsh on Bonnie. Now, after Lexi convinced Bonnie to return, they were having a dinner which Bonnie made.

"Look who got 27 across." Damon praised noticed the now filled in crossword. Damon then picked up the newspaper and began to examine the answer. Bonnie let out a breathy chuckle before speaking.