Awkward is My Middle Name

After trying to complete a variety of medical forms that had been given to her, giving those forms to Elijah to do for her, receiving many judgmental looks for the number of possible fathers she had, and explaining to Kol many times that she wouldn't sit on his lap in public, Lexi was finally in the examination room.

"Don't touch that" Lexi warned as Kai began to poke the ovary of one of the female reproductive system models. As soon as the words left Lexi's lips, the model instantly fell apart, leaving a guilty looking Kai standing over the pieces.

"Where is she?" Nik questioned as he began to nervously pace.

"She is a doctor, Nik." Lexi said, turning her attention to him, "Doctors are almost always late."

"We try our best but that is often the case." A woman said as she entered the room, her focus on the clipboard in front of her. "Alexandra Carter?" She questioned, turning her focus to Lexi who was sitting on the bed, her gaze flickering over the six other people in the room.

"That's me" Lexi said, trying to ignore the irritation the use of her full name brought.

------------------------------------------------------

Lexi then lived through the worst physical examination of her life which consisted of Dr Hart receiving venomous glares from Lexi's mates, Finn physically restraining Rebekah from attacking Dr Hart, and Dr Hart repeatedly checking with Lexi if she wanted the Mikaelsons and Kai to leave the room as they continued interrupting the examination. After living through the physical examination, Lexi then had the most awkward, most cold, and most uncomfortable pap smear of her life. Finally, after wanting to evaporate of the surface of the Earth for long enough, it was finally time to check on the baby instead of Lexi.

"Okay, this may feel cold for a moment and may be a bit uncomfortable." Dr Hart said as she squirted a clear gel onto Lexi's stomach.

"Not as cold as the speculum you just put inside me." Lexi muttered causing a smile to break out on Dr Hart's lips. 

"Right now, I'm just going to look for your baby and then I should be able to tell you how far along you are." Dr Hart said. As the strange device that Dr Hart was pressing to Lexi's stomach continued to move around, the images on the screen next to Lexi began to shift around in a strange pattern. "There they are." Dr Hart said after a moment, gesturing to part of the screen.

"They as in gender-neutral or they as in plural?" Lexi asked, slightly panicked that there may be more than one creature inside of her.

"Gender-neutral." Dr Hart answered, "Generally, we find out the gender at around 20 weeks."

"How far along is she now?" Rebekah asked, her eyes trained on the part of the screen Dr Hart had been pointing to.

"I would say around 6 weeks." Dr Hart answered. "That should be able to help you figure out who the father is." Dr Hart said to Lexi.

No. No it does not. She has no idea how crazy my sex life is.

"It looks like bean." Lexi muttered as she stared at the dark blob on the bottom of the screen which was apparently inside of her. 

"Over time, the stereotypical baby shape will come with the heartbeat." Dr Hart stated.

"When will the heartbeat be heard?" Lexi asked, wanting to hear what all of her mates were fangirlling over.

"Currently, the heartbeat is too faint for our technology to pick up." Dr Hart said causing Lexi's eyes to flicker over to her mates as she recalled that with their enhanced hearing they could already hear the faint heartbeat, "But in around 2 weeks we should be able to hear it clearly."