Chapter 5

Along the way to Alaia's house which was quiet, Nora was on the driver's seat, while Clara was on the passenger seat, as both Maire and Jace were sitting on the middle row, while Three was sitting on the back row along Axel.

Nora, who was tired of hearing nothing but the sound of Clara's SUV moving, looks back at both Jace and Maire who were looking their separate ways, and not making eye contact with each other. While stopping,on a stop light, Nora then makes eye contact with Clara, signals at her while nodding her head, and winks. Clara who understood Nora's message nods her head in agreement.

As the light changed into a green light, Nora drove a little further. After seeing that no vehicle was behind her, Nora then moves to the side of the road and turns Clara's SUV off.

"What happened?" said Three, as he questions Nora. "Why did we stop?"

"The truck stopped working, and it won't start," said Nora, as she lied.

"What do we do now?" said Three, as he questions Clara.

"We need to check on the engine," said Nora, as she tells them. "So, there's nothing to worry about."

Nora pops up the hood of Clara's truck, as everyone gets out of the vehicle. Clara checks on the engine, while Nora gets on the driver's side and pretends to try and turn on the vehicle.

"Nope, nope and nope!" said Nora, as she started to yell. "The truck still won't start!"

"Here, let me try." said Three, as he tells Nora, while walking towards her.

After realizing that either Maire or Jace were looking at them, Nora then grabs Three from his shirt collar. Three gulped while getting grabbed like that by Nora.

"Follow my lead, Three the Third." said Nora, as she let go of Three's shirt collar. "What's that Three? Do we need to walk and get help? Okay."

"What happened?" said Clara, as Maire and Jace turned to both Nora and Three.

"Both Three and me have suggested to get help." said Nora

"We did?" said Three, as he gives Nora a confused look.

Nora, who was right next to Three, nudges him from behind.

"Yes, we did." said Nora, as she looked at Three, and back at the others.

"Oh yeah, I forgot." said Three, as he followed along with Nora.

"Well, then, Clara, Three, and I are going to search for a nearest gas station, while the two of you stay inside of the truck." said Nora, as she points at both Maire and Jace.

"Thanks, but I'd rather stay with Maire and Jace." said Three, as he smiles, which made Clara snort.

"Yeah, but either way, we'll need you to come with us, because we don't have any phone service." said Nora, as she tells Three. "And what I heard, you're a fast runner, so let's get going Timothy."

After helping Maire get back in the vehicle, Clara, Nora, and Three leave, while leaving her with Jace and Axel. While in Clara's SUV, both Maire and Jace looked at one another, while neither one of them were looking, trying to capture the other one's attention.

Jace then sighs.

"Five, listen." said Jace, as he continued. "I'm sorry for what I said back at Khloe's. I should have never reacted that way with you. I was just upset and heartbroken, that even felt a little betrayed for you not telling me. Listen, I really do love you, and I really do care about you, in which it really does hurt for me to see you this way."

After hearing Jace say that to her, Maire then looks at him.

"When I would get picked on at school, I wouldn't tell her parents, or my brother about it, until the time was right." said Maire, as she admits to him. "I knew that if I told her parents about it, they would be upset, because she wouldn't speak up. Jace, I was  planning on telling you about Coach Sloan's abuse towards me and the team, but I wasn't sure if she would have done something to hurt you or my family members, if we ever spoke to anyone about it. I was really scared. But either way, after Tobin found out about the truth, it wouldn't matter because Coach Sloan still wouldn't have tried to stop me from playing, she would've yelled at me to keep on going, if I was injured or not. According to the news, Coach Sloan was a fake coach and an abuser, and who knows what kind of people she has contact with. The program forgot to give a background check on her profile."