Chapter 26

"Okay, it's very simple..." said Abby, as she started to explain to the girls and Coach Mica.

Moments later...

After explaining to the girls of how she qualified as their new head coach. Abby later looks at the girls.

"Now, I know this is a lot to take in." said Abby, as she tells the girls. "But, I applied after hearing that Coach Sloan was kicked off of the program for abuse after she was arrested."

"So, you decided to sweep in, and become our new coach." said Alaia, as she grumbled, before raising an eyebrow. "Then how come they took so long to accept you?"

"Well, the reason why they took so long to accept me as your coach is because the program was doing a background check on my application." said Abby, as she admits to them.

"Oh, please." said Alaia, as she grumbled again. "Who's going to believe that?"

"Uh, Alaia." said Khole, as she looks at Alaia, who looks at her.

Khole signals towards her grandmother, who nodded.

"It's true, they also did a background check on my application as well." said Mrs. Mica, as she nodded, while agreeing with Abby.

"The program only allowed two coaches for this team." said Abby, as she sighs. "Listen, I know that you girls have been through a lot, and I know that you are still trying to recover mentally and physically from your past abusetments, by Coach Sloan's abusive and aggressive behavior. However, I promise you that we would never do the same for you."

"We?" said Mrs. Mica, as she looked at Abby.

"Well, of course." said Abby, as she smiles at Mrs. Mica. "We're now coaches of this team, so that means that we will have to work together in order for the team to work out."

"I agree." said Mrs. Mica, as she smiles at Abby, before looking at the girls. "Alright, girls. Roll call! Let us know your name and last name!"

"But, Mrs. Mica, you already know our names." said Nora, as she admits to Mrs. Mica.

"Yes, I know Nora, but either way, your new coach doesn't." said Mrs. Mica, as she and the others giggled. "So, now come on. Roll call!"

"Nora Gomez!" said Nora, as she called out.

"Hadley Miller!" said Hadley, as she called out.

"Addison Taylor!" Addison, as she called out.

"Rylee Rios!" said Rylee, as she called out.

"Alaia Diaz!" said Alaia, as she called out.

"Brooklyn Smith!" said Brooklyn, as she called out.

"Emery Martin!" said Emery, as she called out.

"Reese Anderson!" said Reese, as she called out.

"Khloe Lee!" said Khole, as she called out.

"Sienna Martinez!" said Sienna, as she called out.

"Nyla Arias!" said Nyla, as she called out.

"Brynn Smith!" said Brynn, as she called out.

"Gia Navarro!" said Gia, as she called out.

"Clara Rodriguez!" Clara, as she called out.

"Scarlet Robinson!" said Scarlet, as she called out.

"Brittany Clark!" said Brittany, as she called out.

"Maire Hernandez!" said Maire, as she called out.

"Nice to meet you all." said Abby

"Uh, Abby." said Mrs. Mica, as she tells Abby. "I think it's best if you can call out the girls' names randomly and see if you could remember their names."

" Yeah, okay, well let's see if I can remember your names correctly." said Abby, as she tells the girls. "Here goes..."

After a few minutes...

After greeting the girls correctly, Coach Abby then creates a team group chat with the girls along with Mrs. Mica, after getting each of their numbers.

"Oh, great. Now we have the new coach's number." said Alaia, as she grumbles. "I guess now it's getting personal."

"Oh, come on Alaia." said Brittany, as she tells Alaia. "At least look at the bright side, at least Coach Sloan never got our phone numbers, since she never liked team bonding."

"True." said Alaia, as she agrees with Brittany.

"Now, girls I am going to give you our team schedules in a couple of days." said Abby, as she tells the girls. "But, for right now, I want to get to know you girls better first."

"Yes, and we are going to do various trust exercises. To start." said Mrs. Mica, as she admits to the girls. "In order to cooperate with each other."

"And, and regain your trust back, since we are going to get new players on the team." said Abby, as she admits to the girls.

"What?!" said the girls surprisingly.

"Yes, you girls are finally going to have a full team." said Abby, as she admits to the girls again.

"Wait, are you serious?" said Addison, as she asked Abby.

"Of course I am." said Abby, as she admits to the girls again.

"Yeah, and since the program cut us to level zero, we are going to rent a school bus due to the program's budget cuts." said Mrs. Mica, as she reveals to the team. "But, don't worry we'll make this team work together and figure some things out on our own."

"Well, budget cuts, or no budget cuts, we're still going to play." said Nora, as she tells Abby and Mrs. Mica. " Cause, that's what we do."

"Yeah, and we can even borrow my mom's van if we want to." said Brittany

"Uh, Brittany, your mom's van can't fit all of us in there." said Nyla, as she admits to Brittany.

"True." said Brittany, as she thought.

"Anyways, well see if we can rent a school bus." said Abby

"Yeah, but who's going to drive it?" said Brynn, as she asked Abby and Mrs. Mica.

"That's a thing we haven't figured out yet." said Abby, as she tells her. "Well, at least I haven't figured it out yet."

"Don't worry, I know some people who can help us." said Mrs. Mica, as she admits to Abby. "I know a few people who can lend us a school bus."

Clara walks over to Khole.

"Uh Khole, how is your grandmother going to–" said Clara, before she is cut off by Khole.

"She used to work for a school district." said Khole, as she admits to Clara. "Everyone knows her there, so maybe she can tell us to help us out."

"Oh, okay." said Clara, as she tells Khole. "Yeah, well that explains a lot."