Chapter 29

The next day, Coach Abby, Coach Mica, and the rest of the girls along with Kling, head into the park's city GYM, where the girls start to lift some weights.

"Alright girls, find a partner." said Coach Abby, as she looks around at the girls.

Nora started to count the number of heads inside of the weight room.

"Coach Abby, we're odds, which means that some of the new girls will have to partner up with your or Coach Mica." said Nora, as she admits to Coach Abby.

"Not, quite Nora." said Coach Abby, as she admits to her.

"Oooh!" said Kling, who was eavesdropping on Nora and Coach Abby's conversation, before asking Coach Abby. "What on your mind Abby?"

"You'll see." said Coach Abby, as she winks at Kling, before giving the girls some instructions on what to do.

Meanwhile, a couple of minutes later, a familiar person arrives at the weight room.

"Hey, girls." said the person, as she entered the room smiling at the girls.

"SABRINA!" said all the girls, except for the new one who looked at one another in a confused way.

Coach Abby and Coach Mica looked at Sabrina before the girls walked towards her.

"What are you doing here?!" said Khole, as she and the girls greeted Sabrina before hugging her.

"Yeah, you didn't tell us that you were coming!" said Addison, as she tells Sabrina.

"Well, it was supposed to be a surprise." said Sabrina, as the girls looked at her.

"Welcome Sabrina." said Coach Abby, as she greets Sabrina while smiling, in which the girls stopped hugging her. "I'm-"

"You're Abby Wambach!" said Sabrina, excitendy while looking at Coach Abby.

Sabrina remembered who Coach Abby was.

"You're a former player of the USWNT, I heard a lot about you when I was younger." said Sabrina, as Coach Abby turned to the group of girls beside them.

"Well at least someone finally knows who I am, and this time I didn't have to explain her." said Coach Abby, as she teased the other girls.

"Hey, it's not our fault, some of us didn't actually know that we had a Women's National Soccer Team." said Nora, as she lifted her hands up in surrender. "That, and we never actually ever heard of you."

"What hold on, wait a minute..." said Coach Abby, as she grabbed the upper part of her nose with her left hand before shaking her head. "You girls have been on the U.S. Youth National Soccer Team for how long? And for some reason, you girls don't even know who I am?!"

After hearing that from Coach Abby, all of the girls shrugged.

"Well..." said Nora, as she rubbed her neck with her left hand. "Something about an inspirational ad or speech, of telling us to forget about you, is kind of the reason why we tried to forget about you. And to be honest, I think you also said that you wanted us to forget that you ever existed. I mean, it's on video."

Coach Abby groans, while remembering that she made that video.

"That was for the next generation of Women's Soccer." said Coach Abby, as she admits to Nora.

"I know and that's way, we forgot about you, because we're the next generation of Women's Soccer." said Nora, as she grins in which Kling snorted.

Coach Abby turned red of embarrassment, before turning to Kling.

"What? she did get you right there though." said Kling, while trying to hold her laugh.

Coach Mica, decided to change the subject before the other girls started to laugh at Coach Abby.

"Ur... Anyways Sabrina, I'm Coach Mica. It's very nice to meet you." said Coach Mica, as she greets Sabrina. "You can look around for a partner while I'll go talk to Coach Abby."

Coach Mica walks towards Coach Abby, while Kling walks beside Nora.

"Nice one." said Kling, as gives Nora a high five, while chuckling.

Sabrina shook her head, before walking towards Maire, Clara, Hadley, and Nora.

"Ah, I see you're feeling better now." said Sabrina, as she smiled at Maire, who smiled back. "How have you been?"

"Good, just stuck in this wheelchair." said Maire, as she rolled her wheelchair back. "However, according to the doctors, me and this wheelchair are going to be best friends forever."

"I'm really sorry about that." said Sabrina, as she admits to Maire.

Maire sighs.

"I'm just really glad that I know a person who I can trust, can take my place on the field." said Maire, as she admits to Sabrina.

"Five, I'm just in as a sub, until you get better." said Sabrina, as she admits to her. "Coach Abby called me to continue to play with you girls, even though I was going to play in Mexico Women's National Soccer Team, and because you girls got new players."

"Gee, thanks." said Nora, as she started to tease Sabrina.

"I agree to play with you girls, until Five recovers from her knee injury." said Sabrina, as she looks at them.

"Yeah, but according to the doctor there's no way that I can ever walk again." said Maire, as she admits to Sabrina.

"Don't feel bad Maire, have faith." said Sabrina

"That's what I said!" said Clara

"Yeah, there's always a way. You'll see. So don't worry." said Sabrina

Moments later...

While having the girls lift some weights, Coach Abby then has Maire practice on standing up from her wheelchair with the help of Coach Mica and Kling.

"Alright, we put a mat on the floor, in case you fall, so that you won't hurt yourself." said Kling, as she looks at Maire.

"Um, I don't know about this." said Maire, nervously.

"Relax, Coach Mica is going to be beside you, while I'm going to be behind you." said Kling, as she admits to Maire. "Trust me, you're going to be fine."

"Um, okay. I trust you." said Maire, as she admits to Kling.

"Great, now here we go." said Kling, as she helps Maire stand up from her wheelchair and grabs her from behind while pushing her wheelchair away from them. "Alright now, it's easy to do it. Now, move your right leg."

Maire takes a step while moving her right leg.

"Nice, now the left leg." said Kling

"Uh, Kling that's the leg that I can't move." said Maire

"Don't worry, I'll move it for you." said Kling, as she looks at Maire, before putting her left leg behind Maire's and pushing it to the front. "There you see, there's nothing to worry about."

"Whew, I hope so." said Maire

"Now, try it with your right leg," said Kling, as she tells Maire.

Maire takes a step with her right leg, but before Kling could help her with her left leg, Kling gets a call from her Portland Thorns coach. Kling lets go of Maire, who is about to fall on the floor.

"Kling! Oof!" said Maire, as she calls for Kling, but is later caught before hitting the floor by Coach Mica who quickly catches her just in time.

"Kling!" said Coach Mica, as she looks at Kling with a stern look.

"Whoops, uh... Call you back Coach." said Kling, as she looks nervously at Coach Mica, before ending her call with her coach.