Chapter 41

Later that same day...

Alaia, Clara, and Maire, along with Christen and Sabrina, head to find Nora, who was sitting in the picnic tables with her head down.

"There she is." said Christen, pointing at the picnic table that Nora was sitting on.

"Thank goodness, she's there. I was starting to worry that she probably left." said Sabrina

"Nah, knowing Nora. She wouldn't." said Alaia

"How do you know?" said Sabrina, asking her.

"Trust me, if Nora would've ran away she would've done that when Ramona was brought to our team." said Alaia

"True." said Christen

"Come on, girls let's go and check on her." said Sabrina

Alaia, Clara, Sabina, Christen, and Maire walk over towards Nora.

"Nora?" said Christen, as she gets Nora's attention.

Nora turns around and sighs, while looking back down at the picnic table.

"That's Nora's way of saying sit." said Alaia

The girls looked at one another, and sat down on the same picnic table along with Nora.

"Nora?" said Clara, questioning her. "Who knew about this?"

"Nobody but Alaia." said Nora

"It's true." said Alaia

"Alaia was the only one who knew about my secret." said Nora

"Nora, I'd like to apologize for not being a better friend, and for not knowing more about you." said Clara, who was upset.

"You don't have to apologize for anything." said Nora, as she puts an arm around Clara. "It wasn't your fault. I chose to hide my secrets away from the other girls including you, because of the way her mother abandoned her and her father. You see, gray eyes aren't common for girls who are latinas. So, I was scared of not being accepted by anyone."

"Oh Nora, you shouldn't hide from your appearances." said Christen

"Yeah, we love you just the way you are. With or without your pranks." said Maire

The girls hug Nora, before heading back into the lodge to meet the others there.

The next day...

The team's exercise is "cheerleader pyramid", in which the girls will have to work together in order to create a human pyramid without falling down on the cheerleading mats.

"This will be fun!" said Khole, as she does a cheerleading pose.

"Yikes!" said June, as she ducked down after Khole almost accidentally hit her. "How do you know?"

"Because, I've been in the cheerleading team since I was four years old." said Khole, as she whips her. "I even have the pom poms from my first competition. Doing the Human Pyramid is practically easy, I know exactly what to do."

Once the girls got in order, Khole was separating the girls and putting them into groups of five.

"Okay girls, hear what you need to do." said Khole, as she started to explain to the girls.

For most of the groups were going well, however for Maya's group it wasn't. In Maya's group was Clara, Emery, Gia, and Ramona. Ramona doesn't want to lift up Emery while being grouped in with Clara, Maya, and Gia.

"Come on, Ramona, you have to join us." said Maya, as she insisted.

"Nope." said Ramona

"Please." said Maya

"Nuh-uh." said Ramona

"Just for me." said Maya

"Not a chance." said Ramona

"Why?" said Maya, questioning her.

"Because, I don't want to. And you're not forcing me to." said Ramona, as she crossed her arms in dismay.

Maya got up close to Ramona and started to do the puppy dog pout.

"Please..." said Maya, as she begged.

"Urgh..." said Ramona, stretching her face in the process. "Fine! Just as long as you stop doing that. Now back off."

"Deal!" said Maya, as she walked away sheepishly.

"Man, and I thought Khole was annoying." said Clara, as she turns to Gia and Emery.

"By the looks of it, Maya could really go on people's faces." said Emery

"Come on, girls, let's gather around." said Maya, as she called out to Clara, Gia, and Emery.

Meanwhile after a couple of minutes later, Ramona's phone rings with which she bails on the team's pyramid while answering her phone.

"Ramona came back!" said Khole, calling to her. "If you don't get back, the pyramid will collapse!"

"Uh, Khole!" said North, as she and the girls felt as the pyramid started to stumble around.

"Woah! To the left to the left!" said Brooklyn, directing the girls. "Now to the right! Right again!"

Once the girls manage to get on the mat, the team's pyramid collapses with all of the girls stumbling on the mat. All of the girls groan except for Ramona.

Meanwhile, Kelley turns to Coach Abby, who was standing next to her.

"This team is completely hopeless." said Kelley, as she sighs. "Man, no wonder Christen wants to-"

Christen cuts Kelley by nudging her before she can even finish her sentence.

"Ow!" said Kelley, rubbing her side.

"Shut up." said Christen, in a low voice.

"Ramona did that on purpose, since she didn't want to do the cheerleading pyramid in the first place." said Nora, as she tells the girls. "She hates cheerleading."

"Especially with you on the team." said Zenni

"Exactly!" said Nora, agreeing with Ramona.

Coach Abby cancels conditioning for the day, as rain starts to pour.