Chapter 45

The next day...

The girls prepare to pack their belongings and leave the lodge, to head back home.

The girls put their bags and duffles into the bus' trunk, while Coach Abby helps organize them, as Coach Mica does a head count on the team with the help of Tobin and Kling.

After seemingly doing a headcount, the girls then get on the bus before leaving, and leave the camp's lodge.

As everyone is silent on the bus, Maire looks around after realizing that someone might be missing after all. Tobin, who was aware of Maire's concern of someone missing in the bus, sits next to her after Trudy stops the bus due to a traffic light on red.

"Hey Five, is everything alright?" said Tobin, questioning her.

"Hum? Yeah, it's just that I feel like we're missing someone." said Maire

"Who?" said Tobin, asking her.

"I don't know exactly." said Maire

"Here let me help you by counting the number of heads." said Tobin, while looking around the bus and started counting the number of heads.

Both Maire and Tobin count their fingers while trying to figure out who's missing, since everyone was assigned to a bus partner during their trips.

"Say Five, who's supposed to be your bus buddy?" said Tobin, questioning her.

"My bus partner was supposed to be Christen." said Maire, as she admits to Tobin.

After a long pause, both Maire and Tobin gasped.

"Christen!" said Maire and Tobin, in sync.

"Christen?!" said Tobin, as she calls her name out loud while looking for her. "Does anyone know where's Christen?"

All of the girls who were behind them shook their heads no.

"Uh-oh." said Tobin

"Coach Abby! Coach Mica! We're missing Christen!" said Maire, as she yelled at both of her coaches. "We accidentally left her back at the camp's lodge!"

"Trudy! Stop the bus! We have to go back and get Christen!" said Coach Abby, as she calls Trudy.

"On it!" said Trudy, as she turned the bus around, heading back to the camp's lodge.

As the team bus arrives back at the drive way of the camp, the tires of the bus screech after being put to a stop. Everyone looks out of their window seeing if Christen was somewhere in sight.

Moments later...

Christen finally arrives towards the bus, both Trudy and Coach Abby put Christen's stuff in the bus' trunk, while Christen enters the bus in a calm and nice manner while humming. Tobin moves out of Christen's seat and heads back to hers. Christen sits down next to Maire.

"I made it just in time." said Christen, making a sigh of relief, before turning to the rest of the girls. "I'm so sorry that I'm late, I kinda overslept."

Christen chuckles, but stops once turning to Maire.

"You look tense. Are you okay?" said Christen, asking her.

"We forgot to do a head count." said Maire, while sighing.

"Huh?" said a confused Christen

Before Maire could say anything else, Nora covers Maire's mouth.

"Mmph!" said Maire, as she muffled.

"She's just tired, it's been a long day for all of us." said Nora, much to Tobin's laughter.