Chapter 33

The next day, at Marie's house...

Maire was in the living room getting her backpack ready, before heading to the park.

"Maire!" said Aurora, as she called to her daughter.

"Yes?" said Maire, as she asked her mother.

"I have good news!" said Aurora, as she speed walked her way towards Maire, while holding a clipboard with a list of people. "I have numbered down to at least five people for you to pick. All you have to do now is just pick one candidate, which is easy."

"Where did you get this list?" said Maire, as she asked her mother.

"I got this list of surgeons from people that I know." said Aurora, as she admits to Maire.

"Like who?" said Maire, as she asked Aurora.

"People from the hair salon." said Aurora, as she admits to Maire.

"Ah." said Maire, as she tells her mother, before going over the list. "I don't know why you are doing this, even though the doctor admitted to us that I wasn't going to be able to walk anymore. Because there isn't a cure for me to get back to normal."

"Tsk, have faith mija." said Aurora, as she admits to her Maire. "There are some doctors, who sometimes make mistakes about their patient's health."

Aurora grabbed her purse, before heading to the door.

"Besides, it's only one leg that's injured." said Aurora, as she admits to Maire. "You could sort of walk, but only with the help from us, or you crutches."

"Yes, but they hurt." said Maire, as she admits to her. 

"I know, which is why we're thinking of getting a walker with breaks." said Aurora, as she started to tease Maire.

"Mom!" said Maire, as she mumbled.

"I'm just kidding, Mija." said Aurora, as she chuckles while Maire comes out of the house, before closing the door behind her.

A few hours later, while the team is doing their next team bonding exercise...

"I have to admit, is it me or... Like this team is taking a long time to act like a real team." said Coach Mica, as she asked Maire, who was distracted while looking at the list of surgeons that her mother had picked. "Maire? Maire? Maire? Maire?! MAIRE?!"

"Huh?! Yeah?! What?!" said Maire, as she looked at Coach Mica, who stopped her from her trance. "Did you say something, Coach M?"

"Are you alright? You seem a little distracted." said Coach Mica, as she asked Maire while being concerned.

"Huh? Yeah, I'm alright." said Maire, as she admits to Maire.

"What's that?" said Coach Mica, as she pointed at the clipboard that Maire was holding.

"Oh, it's just some list of surgeons that my mother picked out for me." said Maire, as she explains to Coach Mica. "She told me to pick one of the five people on this list."

"Oh, well I'm glad to hear that your mother isn't losing hope." said Coach Mica, as she smiles at Maire. "You deserve to be happy."

"Not so much." said Maire, as she tells Coach Mica.

"Maire." said Coach Mica

"Coach M, I'm sorry but it's the truth." said Maire, as she admits to Coach Mica. "Listen, even though I pick a surgeon, some of the people from this list are from different states or countries. The cost of our trip, and the cost of the operation is going to cost a lot, and way more than hiring the surgeon. My family can't afford, the cost of the trip and the operation."

"Then let me help you, if you say that your family can't afford it." said Coach Mica

"Coach M, I can't let you do that." said Maire, as she admits to Coach Mica.

"Well, why not?" said Coach Mica, as she starts to question her. "Maire, I am willing to pay for your surgery. Your family doesn't have to pay for your operation and trip alone."

"Coach M, I get that you want to help, but I can't let you do that." said Maire, as she explains to Coach Mica. "Because, one you hardly know me, two we're still trying to get to know each other better, and three because I don't want to take advantage of you. And I know that you are willing to help me, but if I don't want to take your money, my family won't do it either."

Coach Mica sighs.

"Listen, I know that you don't like it like that, but my family members and I are saving up some of our allowance, in order to get things started." said Maire, as she admits to Coach Mica.

Coach Mica looks at Maire, but before she can say anything else, both Coach Mica and Maire hear Coach Abby gathering the girls for their next team bonding exercise, the "Blind Retriever".

"Let's see how they do." said Coach Mica, as she and Maire look at the girls from afar.

Minutes later, while doing the exercise...

The girls are paired up with each other, into groups of two.  

Nora is paired up with Zenni.

"Here Nora, why don't you go first." said Zenni, as she hands Nora the blind fold.

"Uh, okay sure." said Nora, as she takes the blind fold from Zenni's hands and puts it on.

"No, speaking." said Zenni, as she chuckled while Ramona turned towards Zenni, while Nora was distracted.

"Heh, don't worry, I won't." said Nora

"Have her crash into a tree." said Ramona, as she whispered to Zenni, while thinking that nobody was watching her.

However, little did they know that they were being watched by Brittany, who seemed suspicious of the two girls, while watching their every move. After receiving orders from Ramona, Zenni nods at her, before Ramona leaves back towards Brittany. Once Nora is finally done, Zenni leads Nora right into a tree, while giving her directions of where to go.

"Ouch!" said Nora, as she groans in pain, while rubbing her face.

"Nora?! Are you alright?!" said both Maire Coach Mica, and Coach Abby, as they asked Nora, while being worried about her.

"Yeah, just a little hurt that's all." said Nora, as she took off her.

"A little, more like a lot." said Ramona, as she started to mock Nora. "Gomez here, kissed a tree! Ha! Ha!"

Clara, Maire, and Brittany glared at Ramona.

"Here, Nora let me test you to see if you might have a concussion." said Coach Mica, as she looks at Nora.

Coach Abby, looks back at the other girls, before telling them to prepare their partners for the second part of the exercise. Coach Abby had to partner up with Zenni since Nora was getting checked by Coach Mica.

"She did that on purpose." said Brittany, as she whispered to Maire, while walking past her, while realizing that it was already planned.

Because of what Zenni did to Nora, Brittany decides to do the same to Ramona. However instead of having Ramona hit a nearest tree, Brittany leads Ramona into a pile of mud that was still wet and fresh, due to the sprinklers being on before they came to the park.

"Ewww!" said Ramona, as she yelled out, before taking off her blind fold.

All of the girls burst out of laughter, while seeing that Ramona was having trouble walking off the mud. Making Nora laugh hysterically.

"A pile of mud, fit for a pig!" said Nora, as she started to tease Ramona, before laughing even harder. "Oink! Oink!"

"Grr... Woa!" said Ramona, as she grumbles before slipping into the mud again, and again while trying to walk off of it.

Nora high fives Brittany, as the girls except for Coach Mica and Coach Abby continued to laugh.