Chapter 46

The next day, in the afternoon, Maire prepares to leave after getting a phone call from a surgeon in Europe, who is willing to help operate Maire, to make her walk again.

Maire asks permission from her mother if she can say farewell to her teammates, as they're packing their belongings and waiting for Diego to arrive. Aurora grants Maire permission to head to the park and say farewell to her teammates and coaches. Both Maire and Axel are taken to the park by Gael.

"I'm going to drop you guys off." said Gael, as he helped Maire out of their SUV. "However, since I'll be helping with the packing, Clara agrees to take you guys back to the house.

Just then, Maire is approached by Clara who greets her and helps her get to the park's picnic benches, in where the team are hanging-out at. The team, along with Coach Abby, Coach Mica, Tobin, Kling, Christen, and Kelley greet Maire.

"I-I can't believe this is it!" said Nora, wiping her tears with a napkin. "Our little Five's all grown up!"

"She's still younger than us." said Brittany

"Yeah, but she's also one of the players who are getting surgery in their knee." said Nora, wiping her tears off again. "I promised myself I wasn't going to cry. And here I am!"

Nora started to blow her nose with her napkin.

"Don't mind me, I'm just going to go over there." said Nora, pointing in a different direction and walking away from Maire.

After Maire bids farewell to her teammates and Coach Mica, Coach Abby, Tobin, Kling, Christen, and Kelley.

"When are you leaving?" said Tobin, as she asked Maire.

"Tomorrow." said Maire, as her voice cracked. "First thing in the morning. Well, maybe a little earlier than that."

"We're really going to miss you Five." said Christen, as she tells Maire.

"I'm really going to miss you girls too." said Maire, as she looks at Tobin, Kling, Kelley, Coach Abby, and Christen.

"When are you coming back?" said Kelley, as she asked Maire.

"I don't know," said Maire, as she tells Kelley. "Maybe soon, or maybe not. It actually depends on how long the therapy session takes, after the surgery."

"Are you scared?" said Kling, as she asked Maire.

"Yeah, of course I am. It's my first surgery." said Maire, as she tells them. "I don't know if I'm going to be 100% again."

"Don't worry, you will." said Coach Abby, as she tells Maire. "Well, to be honest we've all had surgery after being injured in a game. And we're all managed to recuperate after our therapy."

"Yeah, don't be scared Five." said Kling, as she smiles and gives Maire a two thumbs up. "Everything is going to be okay."

Christen looks at Maire, and gives her a big hug.

"About the Royals, I'll let you think about it." said Christen, as she whispered into Maire's ear.

Maire nods silently, in which Christen breaks their hug, and walks away from her.

Just then, Clara arrives towards them.

"Come on, Maire. It's time for us to go." said Clara, as she held onto the two handles of Marie's wheelchair.

"Aw, can't you just stay a little longer?" said Kling, as she asked them.

"No, because she has to get ready for her flight." said Christen, as she looks at Kling.

"But, we didn't even get to use our special prank on her, before she leaves." said Kelley, as she and Kling started to puppy pout at them.

"Not going to happen, Kelley." said Coach Abby