Chapter 38

The U-20 girls along with Coach Abby, Coach Mica, and Christen, arrive at the same camp that the USWNT and Clara, Maire, Hadley, and Nora went to from (Goal! The Next Chapter!). Brittany was the first one out of the bus, as the rest of the team followed right behind her.

"We're here!" said Brittnay, as she sang cheerfully.

"Yeah, yeah, quiet down Snow White, or you'll wake up The Seven Dwarfs." said Nora, as she joked.

"Hmph." said Brittany, crossing her hands in dismay. "I guess somebody's in a bad mood."

"Well, how could I not, you were practically singing disney songs along the whole way." said Nora

"Well, it was either that, or singing the complete album of The Wizard of Oz, by Clara non-stop." said Brittany, pointing at Clara. "Oh, Clara looks like Nora wants to sing the complete Wizard of Oz album with you!"

"Really!" said Clara, as she turned to Nora happily.

"Nope!" said Nora, in a stern voice.

"Oh geez, thanks." said Clara, sarcastically before taking her and Maire's stuff into the lobby. "Come on, Maire. Some people can be rude."

Nora turns to Brittany.

"Another We're off to see the Wizard song, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to rename the album, into the Wizard of Ow! Instead of the Wizard of Oz." said Nora, as she gritted her teeth.

Meanwhile, once the girls were gathered around the looby, they were paired up into groups of two, in which Clara and Maire are paired up as roommates. After unpacking her stuff, Clara decides to go to the game room with Khole, Addison, Brynn, and Gia, while Maire stays in the room.

After Clara leaves the room (and leaves the door open from their room in case Maire falls down by herself, or in case she needs help), Maire decides to practice how to walk while using her crutches.

"Okay, here I go." said Maire, as she manages to take a step while dragging her left leg, before continuing with another step. "I'm doing it. Hopefully, I can stand up longer this time."

Maire continued practicing on using her right leg, while continuing to drag her left leg.

Just then, two people with hoodies on, enter Clara and Maire's room. One of them runs into Maire falling on top of her, while the other one closes the door behind her, locking it, and peaking into the peak hole.

"Seriously, I didn't even last standing up for two minutes." said Maire, in her thoughts.

"Is she gone?" said a familiar voice, as she questioned the other person.

"Wait, I know that voice." said Maire, recognizing the girl's voice.

"No, I think the coast is clear." said the person who was looking at the peak hole.

"What the?- Tobin and Kling!" said Maire, as she muffled on the carpet.

"Huh? Oh smack!" said Kling, as she realizes that she was on top of Maire. "Sorry kid, you weren't there!"

"See who? And who are you calling a kid? Ah! Maire." said Tobin, as she turned to both Kling and Maire.

"You two have some explaining to do." said Maire, as she crossed her arms.

"Yeah, but first let's get you up from the carpet." said Tobin, as she helped Maire up.

"What are you girls doing here?" said Maire, questioning them

"Oh well visiting you girls." said Tobin, with a sheepish look on her face.

Maire, who has a serious look on her face, raised an eyebrow, and wasn't buying anything that Tobin was saying.

"The truth." said Maire, crossing her arms while holding on to her crutches.

"Man, is it me, or she's been hanging out with Christen for too long?" said Kling, playfully nudging Tobin.

"Yeah, she acts just like her when she's annoyed with our lives, she's like a mini Christen." said Tobin, as she joked.

Kling a few steps closer to Maire, while holding her hands up in surrender.

"Don't go to the Dark Side, stay on the good side." said Kling, speaking slowly while doing hand gestures towards her and Tobin. "The Jedi Knights need you, the Siths don't."

"They know," said Maire, in her thoughts.

Maire sighed while shaking her head.

"Girls please, the truth." said Maire, as she insisted.

"Okay, okay we pranked Coach Abby." said Kling, insistently, with a sinister smirk. "That's why we were running into an empty room."

"But, we decided to surprise you girls by coming here," said Tobin, as she cut in. "We're following you girls on the way over here."

Knock Knock

Just then, there was a knock on the door. After hearing the knock on the door, Maire, Kling, and Tobin stood frozen.

"It's Abby." said Kling, terrorize as she whispered to Tobin.

"We gotta go." said Tobin, whispering to Kling.

Knock knock

"Maire, it's Christen, can I come in?" said Christen, as she knocked again. "I heard a loud thud coming inside your room, and I wanted to see if you are alright?"

"Oh no, it's the Sith Lord!" said Kling, as she whispered. "Now, we really have to go! She'll rat us out if we don't leave!"

"It's Christen!" said Tobin, as she whispered back. "Even worse, what do we do?!"

"Dang it, I forgot Christen's room was right across!" said Maire, as she whispered. "Quickly girls hide."

"Where?!" said Kling, whispering.

"In the closet!" said Maire, whispering to the two of them. "Hurry!"

Just then, the door's lock started to move around. Both Tobin and Kling hid in the closet, before Christen opens the door.

Maire falls flat face on the carpet, saving some time for Kling and Tobin.

"Maire!" said Christen, as she walks into the room and finds Maire on the carpet, before closing the door behind her. "Here, let me help you up."

Christen helps Maire up while helping her with her crutches.

"How did you get the room key?" said Maire, questioning Christen.

"Clara gave it to me before leaving for the game room." said Christen, as she admits to Maire.

"Ay Clara, always looking out for me." said Maire

"Well, yeah. She's your cousin." said Christen, as she chuckles. "She's practically like your sister."

"Yup." said Maire

"Anyways, I have to finish unpacking. However, I have to take care of you too, in order to keep an eye on you." said Christen

"Thanks Christen, but I prefer for you to just head back to your room." said Maire, as she signals to her room. "Either way, I'm good here."

"Well, then I guess I'll have no choice but to stay here with you then and watch Netflix." said Christen, as she sits on Maire's bed.

"On second thought, I prefer to go with you." said Maire, as she decides to go with Christen. "Either way, I have to practice walking with crutches."

"Okay, sounds good." said Christen, as she opens the door for her and Maire.

Both Christen and Maire leave the room, with Christen still holding onto the keys.

After both Christen and Maire left the room, Kling and Tobin got out of the closet.

"Man, that was a close one." said Kling

"Yeah, I can't believe Adakin had to save our rears." said Tobin

"Yeah, hopefully she stays on our side." said Kling

"True that." said Tobin

"Come on, Obi Wan let's get out of here." said Kling, as she and Tobin sneaked their way out of the room.