Chapter 8

Gael, after putting another luggage in the back of the SUV, he then sighs after looking at the other SUV finally leaving their street, gets in their family SUV and drives away.

An hour later, While driving to the bus station and realizing that Maire, Clara, Nora, Three, and Jace were asleep, Gael then sighs and looks at the passenger in the passenger seat.

"So... You're the famous Christen Press." said Gael, as his voice breaks with embarrassment, who was right next to him.

"Yeah, that's me." said Christen, as she chuckles. "Why, have you heard of me?"

"No not really, well at least not on television." said Gael, as he admits to Christen. "My sister sometimes talks about you girls. Along with a few other players."

"You don't say." said Christen, as she chuckles.

"Yeah, she won't shut up." said Gael, as he admits to Christen.

"Really?" said Christen, as she asked him.

"Yeah." said Gael, as he admits to Christen, as he sighs. "But, when that happens it's because she either admires you, or looks up to you. And when something gets her attention, or at least someone, she would literally talk about them for hours."

Christen looks behind to look at the others.

"Anyways, can I ask you something?" said Gael, as he asked Christen, who turned to him.

"Sure?" said Christen, as she questions him. "What is it?"

"About, what happened a few hours ago..." said Gael, as he tells Christen.

[Flashback]

A few hours earlier...

While seeing that the man was on the other side of his window, Gael then looks at the window from the passenger seat.

"Gael, like Maire said you're a goner." said Clara, as she tells Gael, who was shaking like a little chihuahua. 

"Yeah, you're dead meat, man." said Nora, as she teased Gael, while nudging him on his side.

"Nobody makes any sudden movements." said Gael, in a low voice, while turning around to the others around him.

"Too late, they're already here, like literally right next to us." said Nora, as she grumbles. "And now thanks to your horn honking, we're going to be let for our trip!"

"Hey, give him a break, will ya?" said Jace, as he defends Gael.

"Oh, please don't defend your future brother-in-law right now. I mean, it's his fault we're in this mess!" said Nora, as she starts to raise her voice a little louder. "Either way, if that guy in front of us doesn't move his vehicle, then I'm going to open the door and give this guy a piece of my mind!"

"Wait, is that Chirsten?" said Maire, as she looked at the woman, who was waving at them.

"It is!" said Three, as he gasped surprisingly.

"AW YEAH!" said Nora, cheerfully as she called out, while making the others flinch.

"Wait, what's Christen doing here?" said Clara, as she questions Maire.

"I'm not sure." said Maire, as she admits to Clara.

"Hold on, wait. That's Christen?!" said Gael, as he turns to Christen, and later back at Maire.

"Yes." said Maire, as she admits, while starting to roll her side of the window down.

"She's-" said Gael, before being cut off by Nora.

"Hey, eyes on your side of the window, buddy!" said Nora, as she turned Gael's head towards the guy who was still next to his window. "Remember, you still have this guy to deal with."

A few moments later...

After putting Christen's luggage in the back of their vehicle, Gael then makes a sigh of relief, while watching that Christen's driver had left their street. Gael then gets in his vehicle, and drives off along with the others.

[End of Flashback]

Present...

"Man, I'm really sorry for how I behaved back there." said Gael, as he apologizes to Christen. "You know, towards you and your driver."

"No worries, I mean either way, It's our fault for blocking the street." said Christen, as she accepts Gael's apology.

Just then, both Gael and Christen hear a yawn from the back, in which they realize that Maire, Clara, Nora, Three, and Jace, were awake now.

Gael chuckles.

"Looks like the kids have finally woken up." said Gael, teasing them, while making Christen giggle.

"Ha ha, very funny." said Clara, as while yawning.

"Hey, who are you calling kids?" said Nora, as she grumbles, at Gael. "You're the one that was acting like one, back a few hours ago."

"True." said Clara

Maire, Jace, and Three started to stretch, along with Clara.

"So, true," said Maire, as she yawned.

"Alright, alright, alright." said Gael, as he admits his mistake, while blushing with embarrassment. "I get it, Dora. You have to remind me and embarrass me again. I get it."

"Dora?" said Nora, as she growled at Gael. "The name's Scrappy!"

"Uh, don't you mean Nora?" said Maire, as she corrects Nora.

"Wait, what did I say?" said Nora, as she started to think.

"You said Scrappy." said Clara, as she snorted while she and the others stopped stretching.

"Really?" said Nora, who was clueless. "I don't remember?"

Everyone looked at Nora, concerned.

"Dude, did you just wake up from the wrong side of the seat?" said Three, as he questioned Nora.

"I guess so, leaning on Clara's head wasn't at all too comfortable if you could say." said Nora, as she admits that she rested her head on Clara's during their trip.

"Hey! It's not my fault that we accidentally head butted, in the last speed bump." said Clara, as she rubs the side of her head. "Anyways, why aren't we moving?"

"We're stuck in traffic." said Gael, as he admits to them.

"Aw." said Maire, Nora, Clara, Jace and Three, who started to whine.

"Really?" said Jace

"Yeah, but don't worry. We're only a couple of blocks away from the bus stop." said Christen, as she tries to cheer them up.

"Christen's right." said Nora, as she agrees with Christen. "In the meantime, crank up the radio Gael!"

"Uh, okay." said Gael, as he turns on the radio.

"AW YEAH!" yelled Three, after hearing My Universe by Coldplay and BTS, while making flinch around him. "TURN IT UP GAEL!!!"

"Uh thanks, but I'd rather not." said Gael, as he looked around their vehicle. "Either way, it looks like the traffic is finally starting to flow."

After Gael said that, Three started to sing along with the song, as Nora, Clara, and the others started to follow.

Meanwhile as they arrive at the bus stop, Gael drops off Maire, Clara, Nora, Three, Christen, and Jace, along with their luggages in the drop off zone and leaves after wishing them luck.  

"Alright!" said Nora, as did a head count. "Who's ready for a one day ride trip to Portland!"

"We are!" said Three, as he, Clara, Jace, Christen, and Maire answered.

"Alright, then let's go!" said Nora, as she and the others along with their luggages walked towards their bus section.