Chapter 44

The next day in the morning, Coach Abby arrives back to the lodge safe and sound, and is welcomed back by the girls who greet her in the meeting room.

"You had us worry Coach." said Brooklyn

"Yeah, and by the looks of it we all thought you were a goner." said Sienna

"Yeah both Nora and Ramona found you first. Nora was staying by your side, while Ramona shot a flare in the air." said Christen

"They worked as a team, to get us to you." said Coach Mica

"So, how are you feeling?" said Tobin, questioning her calmly.

"Good." said Coach Abby, with a sigh.

"How did you fall unconscious?" said Kelley, as she asked Coach Abby.

"I fell unconscious, because I slipped on a steep hill while not looking on where was going while holding onto the scavenger hunt papers, before sliding down on it, and hitting a tree." said Coach Abby

"That makes total sense." said Hadley

"Yeah, you had the same marks that Nora had, after running into a tree." said Gia, with a small chuckle.

The girls started to giggle.

"Yeah, well anyways, I would like to thank each and everyone of you." said Coach Abby, as she looked at everyone in the room. "By the looks of it, you all help despite your differences. Due to your success and teamwork, Coach Mica and I have decided that we are going  to stay out and look at the night sky."

"A camp out." said Coach Mica

The girls started to chatter.

"When?" said Nora, asking them.

"You'll see," said Coach Abby, with a wink.

"Alright girls, the meeting's over. Everyone head to the field!" said Kelley

"Yeah, chop! Chop!" said Kling, as she clapped her hands.

Once heading to the field, the girls started with their morning conditioning.

Later that same day...

"Our team's exercise is going to be The CampFire." said Coach Mica, while continuing. "Since today will be our last day here, we're going to be spending a couple of hours outside and watching the beautiful night sky."

Once the girls got ready for their camp out, the girls, along with Coach Abby, Coach Mica, Tobin, Kelley, Kling, and Christen gathered around the campfire in order to watch the night sky, while looking at the stars, the girls make s'mores, sing camp songs including other camp songs, and bond with one another. While singing camp songs, Khole starts to sing (Send It On), in which all of the girls follow.

Maire who was tired of sitting for too long, decides to get up and take a walk with her crutches. Christen, after watching that Maire was away from the group, decides to follow her.

Maire stops at a nearby picnic table, which is just a few feet away from the girls.

"Hey." said Christen, calling her from behind.

"Hey." said Maire, sitting on one side of the picnic table, without looking at her.

Christen sits down besides Maire.

"I just wanted to apologize for overreacting a bit." said Christen, looking down.

"It's fine, I've been yelled at many times. So, I'm practically used to it." said Maire, accepting her apology while looking down as well.