Chapter 14

While checking the weather on her phone,

"Five, we are going to have a thunderstorm in Portland today." said Christen, as she looks at Maire. "So don't worry."

"I don't actually mind the thunder and lightning." said Maire, as she chuckles. "I just hope the thunderstorm isn't a strong one."

"Yeah, same here." said Christen, as she picked a card, since she didn't have a number six card or a blue card.

"Draw four cards." said Maire, as she tells Christen, while grinning.

"Dang it!" said Christen, as she whined while drawing four cards. "Cheater!"

"Hey, you wanted to spice things up, by starting with ten cards each." said Maire, as she looked at Christen, before starting to tease her. "And who are you calling a cheater, cheater! I saw you grab only two cards, and not four!"

Christen, sighs sarcastically, as though her feelings were hurt.

"I was just testing your skills," said Christen, as she blushed.

"Yeah, right." said Maire, as she later turns to her card deck. "Let's see, it's your turn!"

"Finally!" said Christen, as she exclaimed. "Now, how do I get you back for that move?"

"I heard that," said Maire, as she chuckled.

"Shush," said Christen, as she tells Maire. "I'm trying to concentrate."

While playing Uno, the power then goes into the hotel, and the rest of the visitors are left without any lights.

"Nooo!" said Christen, as she started to whine. "Darn it! I was so close!"

Maire then grabs her phone from the side of where her cards were at, and turns on the flashlight.

"Come on, Christen." said Maire, as she tells her. "It's game over for us right now. Let's stop the game here, and check on the others."

"Yeah, you're right. Let's go." said Christen, as Maire rolls her wheelchair towards the door.

While doing so, both Maire and Christen, reunite with Clara, Jace, Three, and Nora, in the hallway (after bumping into each other). Maire, Clara, Nora, Three, Christen, and Jace, have decided to stay together inside of Jace and Three's room, and decided to play Uno there until the power comes back on.

An hour later, as all six of them are using their phone flashlights, their phone battery drains and leaves all of their phones without any battery percentage left.

"Dang it! Our phone battery is out." said Nora, as she started to whine.

"Don't worry guys." said Maire, as she took out a flashlight from her backpack.

"Really?!" said Nora, as she looked at Maire. "You could've just told us that earlier!"

"Sorry," said Maire, in a low voice. "But, either way, I wasn't sure if I brought one with me. Either way it wasn't my fault, how was I supposed to know I had one."

"It's true." said Jace, as he agrees with Nora.

"Well, whatever." said Nora, as she crossed her arms.

"So... does anybody have a power bank?" said Three, as he asked them.

"Well, I do." said Maire, as she admits to them.

"Well take it out, so that we can charge our phones," said Nora, as she looked at Maire.

"I can't." said Maire

"Why not?" said Christen, as she questions Maire.

"Because, the battery from the power bank is drained as well." said Maire, as she shows them her power bank.