Sneak Peak

Here's a sneak peak for the 5th Goal! story! 😉

Once again, thank you guys for reading and voting on my Goal! Stories! 😁

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maire enters the waiting room, in which she finds that it was empty.

"Like always." said Maire, with a sigh while walking into the same chair that she's been sitting on over the past few days.

"Good morning, Maire." said the waiting room's receptionist, as she greets her. "Are you ready for another new day?"

"Yep. I've been doing my therapy treatment for quite a while now." said Maire, as she looks at her. "I can't wait to get back home once I'm done."

"Tell me about it." said the waiting room's receptionist, as she got up from her seat. "Anyways, I'll be right back Maire, I'm going to go down to the storage room to get more printer ink. Since there isn't any in the drawers, be right back. Oh, and one more thing, if anybody asks, just tell them to sign in on the clipboard, and I'll check them in as soon as possible."

The waiting room's receptionist leaves.

Maire looks around the empty room, and here's the waiting room's receptionist's footsteps fading away in the hallway.  

Just then, the sound of the hallway's restrooms were heard, and a tall 5'7 blond girl (Leah Williamson) entered the waiting room. The blond girl was wearing an Arsenal jacket.

"Hey? Where did Edna go?" said the girl, realizing that the receptionist wasn't in her seat.

"She went to the storage room to get some more printer ink." said Maire, as she looked at the girl.

"Oh okay." said the girl, as she sat one seat away from Maire. "Do you mind if I bounce my ball on the wall? I know for some reason people find that annoying after some time."

"Uh no, go right ahead. It doesn't bother me at all." said Maire

"Thanks." said the blond girl, as she took out a red bounce ball from her jacket's pocket.

The blond girl bounced the red bounce ball on the floor, which bounced on the wall, and later back to her.

"I get bored here sometimes, when I come. So I always bring something with me. I've already read all of those magazines." said the blond girl, with a smile while continuing to bounce the ball over and over again.

Maire nods, before picking a magazine up from a nearby table that was close to her and starts to read it. Both girls were in their own zone until the door swung open, and another blond 5'4 girl with blue eyes entered the waiting room, making both Maire and the 5'7 girl jump from their seats while turning to the girl.

"Leah! You wouldn't know what happened!" said the 5'4 girl, while laughing hysterically.

"Beth! I told you not to mess with that! Now your hair looks as if the boiler exploded!" said the 5'7 girl, who's name appears to be Leah.

"What? I was bored okay, but look on the bright side my hair is completely dry." said the 5'4 girl, who's name appears to be Beth.

Leah rolls her eyes, while continuing to bounce her ball on the floor, to the wall, and back to her. Maire just shrugged and looked back at her magazine. While fixing her hair into a ponytail and sitting next to Leah, Beth manages to get a glimpse of Maire's face, making her recognize her from somewhere.

"Hm-mm." said Beth, with a hum as she looks at Maire directly while looking in closely.

Leah continued to bounce her red bounce ball, while Maire continued to look at the magazine. Beth continues to lean in closer to Maire and practically ends up in Leah's personal space. The more Beth leaned closer to Maire, the more Leah was having trouble bouncing her red ball, since Beth was practically on her lap, so Leah had to bounce the ball on top of Beth.

Beth continued to lean in closer to Maire, almost invading her personal space. Before Beth could learn any closer, Leah who was tired of Beth bounces the ball from a different direction making the ball hit Beth on her face.

"Ow!" said Beth, as she rubs her nose, capturing Maire's attention as well. "Leah, what was that for?!"

"For trying to invade our personal space! Now, get off Beth!" said Leah, as she shoves her back into her seat. "Anyways, I knew you were bored but I didn't know that you were that bored."

"Sorry, but something caught my eye." said Beth

"An eyelash." said Leah

"Nope, her." said Beth, pointing to Maire.

"Me?" said Maire, pointing at herself.

"Her?" said Leah, turning to Maire and back at Beth. "What do you mean?"

"She looks familiar, but I don't know from where." said Beth, as she looks at Maire, making Leah turn to Maire as well.

"Yeah, you're right she does look familiar." said Leah

"Have you played football before?" said Beth

"Football?" said Maire, looking at the two of them, thinking that they're talking about American football. "No."

Both Beth and Leah shook their heads.

"Sorry, then I guess we got the wrong person." said Leah

Maire continued to look at her magazine. Beth looks at one of the pages of the magazine that Maire was reading and recognizes her name and her face.

"Ah-ha!" said Beth, jumping on the seat next and taking the magazine away from Maire and showing it to Leah. "Look! I knew that she looked familiar! See Leah, I was right! She's that one football player from the USWNT! The one that got taken down by Van De Donk! The one from the ice pond!"

"Hey you're right." said Leah, recognizing Maire. "You're Five Hernandez!"

"Uh, it's actually Maire Hernandez, Five is my nickname." said Maire, chuckling nervously.

"If you're Five, then how come you said that you didn't play football?" said Leah, questioning her. "Your face is literally on that page along with the USWNT."

"Yeah, explain that?" said Beth, questioning Maire as well.

"Oh well, I thought you meant the other kind of football." said Maire, finally clearing herself out.

"American Football?" said Leah, as Beth snickered much to her laughter.

Leah glares at Beth, who stops.

"Anyways, well I'm Leah Williamson." said Leah, introducing herself. "And the annoying one here is -"

"The Great Beth Mead!" said Beth, with a grin.

"Yeah, The Great pain in my rear." said Leah, sarcastically.

"Nice to meet you girls. I'm Maire Hernandez." said Maire, introducing herself to them.

"We know," said Beth, sarcastically giving Maire back to her.

"So... are you guys here for therapy as well?" said Maire, asking them. "Or?"

"Where here waiting for a friend." said Leah

"Oh cool, who?" said Maire, asking her.

Just then, another door opens and this time another familiar face appears from the doorway. Both Beth and Leah got up from their seats.

"You!" said Maire

"You?!" said Jordan, pointing at eachother.

"Wait, you two know each other?" said Leah, pointing her finger at the two of them.

"Well, duh!" said Beth, earning another glare from Leah.

Maire stood up from her seat, as she and Jordan looked at on eachother. Both Leah and Beth turned to them.

"In case of a fight you grab Jordan, and I'll grab Five." said Beth, whispering to Leah who nodded. "Because, something tells me there's going to be a showdown."