Chapter 13

As Maire, Clara, Nora, Three, Christen, and Jace, arrive back at the hotel, they all head back into their own rooms, in order to take a break from the Portland Thorns training field.

While sitting down and watching TV, Christen then looks at Maire who is still sitting on her wheelchair.

"Hey, Maire. Uh no offense, but aren't you tired of sitting down in that wheelchair for too long?" said Christen, as she asked her.

"Yeah, I am." said Maire, as she admires her. "I haven't gotten out of my wheelchair since this morning."

"Well, that's not good." said Christen, as she tells her. "Here let me help you get up."

Christen got off from her bed, and walked over to Maire, picking her up while hugging her. While moving Marie's wheelchair with her foot, Christen then hugs Maire from behind.

"Five, you need to exercise and practice on moving your leg again." said Christen, as she puts Maire's arm around her shoulder.

"Yeah, well..." said Maire, as she tells Christen. "I can't."

"Can't, or just don't want to?" said Christen, as she asked Maire.

"No, I mean, I really can't move my left leg." said Maire, as she admits to her.

"Come on, Five." said Christen, as she held on tight to Maire. "You have to at least try."

"I don't know, I feel like I'm too heavy for you." said Maire

"Oh, you're not heavy." said Christen, as she chuckles before answering. "You're light."

"Gee, thanks." said Maire, sarcastically.

"Anyways, you're just insecure." said Christen, as she tells Maire. "Here, let me text your cousin and Nora, to help us out. But, first let's put you here."

Christen helps Maire sit on one side of her bed, she then starts to text both Clara and Nora, and calls them over.

As both Clara and Nora arrive in Christen and Maire's room, Christen then looks at both Clara and Nora, who were standing in front of them.

"Alright girls, since Maire is insecure about walking, you girls are going to help me, by helping her walk from her side of the bed, and towards her wheelchair and back." said Christen, as she smiles at them. "Now, any questions?"

"Yeah, smile!" said Nora, cheerfully while grinning, before she took a picture at Clara, Maire, and Christen, with a vintage polaroid camera, as they all looked at her.

"Ah! Dang it, Nora." said Clara, as she and the other girls started to rub their eyes. "Right in the eyes!"

"What?" said Nora, as she asked Clara.

"The flash woman!" said Clara, as she snapped at Nora, as she, Christen, and Maire stopped rubbing their eyes.

"Oh that." said Nora, as she grabs the picture from the camera and waits for it to appear.

"Oh that!" said Clara, as she mimicked Nora.

"Oh man, bad news girls." said Nora, as she chuckles. "All of you girls blinked, except for Maire. Who has her eyes wide open instead of closed! Ha ha!"

Christen raises an eyebrow.

"So..." said Christen, as she asks Nora. "What's with the camera?"

"Oh this?" said Nora, as she smirks, before teasing Maire. "Just trying to take some of Five's first steps, since I wasn't there when she was learning how to walk."

Nora then sets up her camera before zooming in at Maire.

"Now, smile at the camera!" said Nora, as she brought the camera closer to Maire.