Chapter 28

The next day, in the morning, the girls are at the park's parking lot sidewalk waiting for their new teammates to arrive.

"Where are they?!" said Nora, as she was starting to get impatient.

"Calm down you big baby, they'll be here." said Brittany, as she teased Nora.

"Are you serious? It's been an hour already." said Nora, after looking at the driveway of the park, and later back at Brittany. "And who are you calling a cry baby?"

"Well you of course, silly." said Brittany, as she mocked Nora.

Nora gives Brittany the stink eye, while angry pouting at her.

"Oh, Nora. You might want to stop making that face, or you'll get wrinkles." said Brittany, as she turned to the parking lot, looking at the empty parking spaces.

Just then, a white van started to pull up in the parking lot.

"Oooh, they're here! They're here!" said Khole, cheerfully while running around like a little girl.

"Yes, Khole, we can see that." said Nora, as she rolled her eyes.

Nora, while seeing a familiar face, grabs Khole, and stops her from running around them.

"You can stop now, Khole. Somebody already ruined the moment." said Nora, without looking at Khole, while locking her eyes on one of the new girls.

As the six the six new players arrive towards the U- 20 team, they are greeted by Coach Abby, Coach Mica, and the girls.

"Girls, this forward #20 Ramona Jimenez, Midfielder #23 Zenni Wilson, Defender #21 Maya Alonso, Midfielder #22 June Knight, Defender #19 Ellery Carter, and Defender #18 North Mendoza." said Coach Abby, as she introduces the girls to their new teammates. "Ramona Jimenez, Zenni Wilson, Maya Alonso, June Knight, Ellery Carter, and North Mendoza, these are your new teammates. Now everyone, let's give a warm welcome to the new girls."

Nora looks at Ramona Jimenez and walks towards the baseball field / soccer field.

"Welcome." said Nora, as she grumbles out.

"Hey, what's her problem?" said Hadley, as asked the girls, in which they all shrugged.

On the baseball field...

Coach Abby knows of Nora's way of introducing the team, and walks up to her.

"Now, Nora. I know about your little team welcoming ritual." said Coach Abby, as she tells Nora. "However, I am going to warn you not to mess with them. Because I don't want any trouble here."

"Hmph." said Nora, as she tells Coach Abby, much to her dismay. "Sadly, all of the girls but one, are going to be on my welcoming squirt bottle list. I, however, don't trust that one Ramona Jimenez girl."

"Oh come on, Nora. you haven't even met her yet, and you're already judging her." said Coach Abby, as she tells Nora.

"Coach, I can tell a person how they are, just by looking at them." said Nora, as she admits to Coach Abby. "And by the looks of it, I think Khole just found her twin sister, due to having the same type of personality. In which it looks like they have in common."

Nora signals her head towards Khole and Maya's direction, Coach Abby later chuckles, as both Khole and Maya are seen talking to each other, laughing and smiling at eachother.

The next day...

Coach Abby then gives the team their practice jerseys along with their numbers on it: #1 Brittany Clark, #2 Hadley Miller, #3 Rylee Rios, #4 Emery Martin, #5 Nora Gomez, #6 Brooklyn Smith, #7 Gia Navarro, #8 Nyla Arias, #9 Scarlet Robinson, #10 Alaia Diaz, #11 Addison Taylor, #12 Brynn Smith, #13 Reese Anderson, #14 Sienna Martinez, #15 Clara Rodriguez, #16 Khloe Lee, and #0 Maire Hernandez.

After getting their practice jerseys, the girls then start their practice conditioning, while Maire continues to stay on the sideline of the baseball field along with Coach Mica and Axel.

"Maire, would you be a dear and tell me what time is it?" said Coach Mica, as she asked Maire, while writing something on her clipboard.

"Thank you, dear." said Coach Mica, as she thanked Maire.

Maire looks at Coach Mica, while looking at the white plastic table in front of them.

"Coach Mica here is our first candidate." said Maire, as she looks at Coach Mica, who looks up at the person.

Coach Mica and Maire interview their new candidate, along with other candidates from their long list of budding driver candidates.

Hours later...

After interviewing their people from their long list of bus drivers, neither Coach Mica or Maire have a long list of possible bus drivers.

"Well, all of them turn out to be okay." said Coach Mica, as she sighs. "But, none of them had the perfect personality for the job. All of these candidates were all impatient. And some of them were applying for the wrong job! My former veterans comrades would have been perfect for the job!"

"Wait, you were a veteran?" said Maire, as she asked Coach Mica.

"Yes, I was. And one of the best ones too." said Coach Mica, as she nodded.

Meanwhile, during the team's water break, Nora tries to squirt water at one of the new girls, but is stopped by Alaia, who gets her squirt bottle from behind, and wets her with it, as she turns around.

"Aw Alaia." said Nora, as she whined.

"Don't even think about it Nora. Coach Abby, made it very clear to you not to wet them with water." said Alaia, as she reminds Nora. "That, and we don't know the girls yet."

"Yes, yes, I know," said Nora, as she tells Alaia.

Nora pauses before looking back at Alaia, while raising an eyebrow at her.

"Well, me and you know one of them." said Nora, as she smirked.

"Yes, I know," said Alaia, as she admits to Nora. "But either way, we'll have to see if they pass the team bonding test. 

In which Nora whines, but later smirks and as she agrees with Alaia.

Meanwhile, after the team's water break a kick of a soccer ball is then heard, and as the team hears the sound of the kick, they then watch as the soccer ball lands next to the goal area.

"WOO HOO!" yelled a person from behind the team. "ABBY!!!"

After hearing a cheerful yell Maire, Clara, and Nora, along with the rest of their teammates watch as Kling runs towards Coach Abby.

"KLING!!!" yelled Coach Abby, as she looked at Kling running towards her.

A cheerful Kling hugs Coach Abby, as Coach Abby carries her. While Coach Abby and Kling greet each other, Coach Abby then introduces Kling to the rest of the team and Coach Mica (even though Maire, Clara, and Nora, already know Kling already).

"Uh Coach Abby, sorry to burst your bubble, but we already know Kling." said Nora, as she, Clara, Maire, and Kling admit to her while nodding.

"It's true," said Kling, as Coach Abby turned red with embarrassment in front of the girls.

"Yeah, well anyways change of subject..." said Coach Abby, as she started to change the subject. "What are you doing here Kling?"

"Well, after I heard that you are going to be the new coach for the U-20 international girls team, I decided to stop by and help you with the girls' condition. So what do you say?"

"Great, I think that sounds great." said Coach Abby, as she looked at Coach Mica, who also nodded as well. "Sure, the two of us will like you to help us."