Chapter 37

The team's exercise is "Car Wash '', Coach Abby tells the girls that in order to be dedicated to the team, they have to earn money by hard work, since the program laid them off.

"We have to start back from zero! In order to get back up again!" said Coach Abby, as she looks around at the girls. "We are going to get back up again by hard work, teamwork, and trust!"

"Spoken like a true Coach." said Nora, as she whispered to Clara who nodded. "And a leader."

During the car wash, the girls are separated into three groups; the Washers, the Risners, and the Dryers.

The Washers are: Clara, Addison, Rylee, Ellery, June, Brittany, and Emery. The Prisoners are: Brooklyn, Nora, Khole, Sienna, Zenni, Sabrina, Reese, and Gia. The Dryers are: Alaia, Ramona, Brynn, North, Hadley, Scarlet, and Maya.

Coach Abby and Coach Mica, are also helpers / supervisors. As Maire was in charge of the music, and Christen was in charge of collecting the money.

"I can tell business is going to go well for us." said Christen, while she and Maire turned to the line of cars waiting for their cars to be washed.

"Yeah, hopefully the team can raised enough money." said Maire

"You said it." said Christen, as she opened up the money case.

"Christen, listen about yesterday." said Maire

"It was just a game, I know," said Christen, with a chuckle. "I knew you were joking."

"No I meant, I heard your team the Utah Royals were supposed to be getting a new player on their roster." said Maire, as she continued. "So, any idea of who it might be?"

Christen hesitated a bit.

"No, not really." said Christen, lying to her.

"Are you sure?" said Maire, asking her again. "Because, according to the news it was going to be one of my  U20 teammates."

"Uh... No I haven't heard anything whatsoever." said Christen

"Oh." said Maire, as she decides to stop asking Christen.

Moments later...

While the girls were washing one of the cars, the team gets a visit by Tobin, Kelley, and Kling, who surprised them by pretending to be a customer.

"Kling! Tobin! Kelley!" said Coach Abby, as she screamed out while hugging them.

"ABBY!!!" yelled Kling, Tobin, and Kelley, hugging her back.

"I missed you girls so much!" said Abby, finally letting the girls go.

"So did we!" said Kling

"How are things?" said Tobin, questioning her.

"Good, as you can see business is booming!" said Coach Abby, proudly.

As Tobin and Kling continue to talk with Coach Abby, Kelley took the time to walk over to both Christen and Maire, who greeted her. Christen smiles at Kelley before hugging her.

"The girls and I brought water bottles for the team and for them, along with snacks," said Kelley, as she pointed to her vehicle after hugging Christen. "I'll go get them."

"Great, I'll help." said Maire, as she tries to get up from her seat, before being pulled back down gently by Christen. "Hey?"

"You're not in your wheelchair, remember you brought your crutches, that and you're still hurt." said Christen, protectively.

"Oh right." said Maire, as she slumps down on her seat.

"Don't worry Five, maybe next time." said Kelley, as she felt sorry for her while putting her hand on her shoulder.