Chapter 25

The next day, in the morning all of the girls except for Khole, gather at the park (from the other day), while waiting to meet their new coach.

One hour later...

"Urgh!" said Nora, as she started to whine. "How much longer will our new coach arrive?"

"Yeah, it's been more than a minute, and our new coach still hasn't even arrive." said Brooklyn, as she looked at the girls.

"I'm pretty sure she heard Nora's whines, and decided not to come." said Nyla, and she started to joke around.

"Hey, for the record we all started to whine after a couple of minutes back." said Nora, as she tells Nyla. "So don't blame it on me."

"Yeah, but still you started to whine first than either one of us." said Scarlet, as she admits to Nora.

"What? no I didn't." said Nora, as she was trying to defend herself.

"Well yeah, you kind of did, after failing to chase a squirrel." said Rylee, as she chuckles.

"Yeah, before you literally ran into a tree." said Emery, as she admits to Nora. "After yelling out squirrels!"

"I don't remember that?" said Nora, as she looked confused.

The girls looked at one another.

"Man, I just wished you would've taken our advice to have you get checked." said Clara, as she rubs her neck while looking at Nora. "You were chasing that squirrel like a five year old chasing after a bird or a cat."

"Man, you girls are wrong, I wasn't trying to chase after a bird." said Nora, before continuing. "I was trying to run after Kelley."

"Kelley?!" said all of the girls, in sync while being concerned about Nora's health.

"Yeah, we should have taken her to the hospital, after she said no." said Hadley

"What? You girls didn't get the joke?" said Nora, as she asked them.

"Oh of course we do, hon." said Brynn, in a southern accent, before whispering to Clara. "We should have taken her to the hospital before we lost her mind!"

"You got that right, even I'm feeling concerned about her." said a familiar voice

"Yeah, you got that right Brittany." said Sienna, as she tells Brittnay.

"Uh, Sienna." said Brittany, as she looked at Sienna. "That wasn't me."

"Wait, a minute? If you didn't then who did?" said Reese, as she questioned the girls.

"I did." said the woman, from yesterday, as the girls gasped while looking at her.

"Wait, who are you?" said Alaia, as she questioned the woman.

"That's going to be a surprise." said the woman, as she walked towards them.

"Wait, you again?" said Maire, as she asked the woman.

"Wait, you know her?" said Brooklyn, as she asked Maire.

"Sort of." said Maire, as she admits to her.

"Only a little, so who are you girls waiting for?" said the woman, as she asked them.

"We're waiting for our new international coach to arrive." said Nora, as she tells the woman.

"Oh, a new coach?" said the woman, who wasn't surprised.

"Yeah, unfortunately." said Nora, as she admits to the woman. "However, I think that our new coach may have ditched us, after hearing that we were kicked out of the international program."

Just then, before the stranger could ask them another question, Khole arrives with her grandmother Mrs. Mica.

"Girls! Girls!" said Khole, speed walking towards them happily and cheerfully. "Girls! Girls!"

"Uh oh, look out! Khole from the looks of it Khole looks as if she doesn't have any breaks!" said Brooklyn, as she tells the other girls.

Before any of the girls take a step back, Khole finally stops in front of them, with a smile on her face.

"False alarm." said Alaia, as she looked at the other girls.

"Guess what girls?!" said Khole with the biggest smile on her face. "My grandmother has become our team's new coach!"

"WHAT?!" yelled all of the girls, including the woman, much to their surprise.

"What, but that can't be?" said the woman, who still couldn't believe it.

"Yuh huh, and here's the acceptance letter to prove it." said Mrs. Mica, as she takes out her acceptance letter, and shows it around to the girls and the woman. "See, right there in the fine print. Now do you believe it?"

"But, this can't be." said the woman, who seemed like she was in shock. "But, I don't get it, the program chose me as the head coach!"

"Wait, what?!" said the girls in sync, while looking at the confused woman.

"Wait what?!" said Mrs. Mica, who couldn't believe it. "Let me see that!"

The woman gave her acceptance letter to Mrs. Mica and the girls, who took a look through it.

"Wait, so that's why when I asked you, who are you? You didn't say anything." said Maire, as she asked the woman who nodded.

"This must be a joke, or a prank!" said Mrs. Mica, while still looking at the women's acceptance letter. "In which I think it is."

"Um, do you mind if I take a look at it?" said Maire, as she asked Mrs. Mica, who gave her the acceptance letter.

"Sure, be my guest. Either way, I couldn't find any proof of the stranger being the team's coach." said Mrs. Mica, as she looked at Maire while crossing her arms.  

"Hm..." said Maire, as she read the acceptance letter from top to bottom. "Well, according to the fine print here..."

"Can you read it out loud?" said Clara, as she asked Maire.

"Sure thing." said Maire, before looking back at the acceptance letter. "We are very happy to announce that you are going to be the new head coach for the U-20 girls international team. In which you'll be partnered up with another coach, who will be the 2nd coach of the team."

"So?" said Mrs. Mica, as she asked Maire.

"I'm sorry, Mrs. Mica, but you aren't the head coach for this team." said Maire, as she admits to her. "You're actually the 2nd coach."

"What?" said Mrs. Mica, who was surprised.

Alaia grunts, while looking at the woman.

"So the stranger, who has been watching us practice and play, turned out to be our head coach, huh?" said Alaia, as she raises an eyebrow at the woman. "Shocking. But either way, she tried to hide her identity from us."

"What, no I wasn't?" said the woman, as she looked at the girls, including Mrs. Mica. "I just wanted to take things slow, after learning about what you girls have been through."

"Alright, then. Who are you? And what's your name?" said Alaia, as she questioned the woman.

"I'm Abby Wambach." said the woman, without hesitation while looking at everyone. "I'm a former USWNT player."

"Oh..." said the girls and Mrs. Mica in sync, before answering. "Who?!"

"Seriously?" said Abby Wambach, as she raised an eyebrow at them.