Chapter 3: OB-GYN

As the couple walks into the doctor's clinic, Jin looks around in shock because no one is shooting him dirty looks. It's all because he has a handsome alpha by his side who has a protective arm wrapped around his waist. He is no longer an abandoned, pregnant omega. 

"I have an emergency appointment under the name Kim Seokjin." Namjoon tells the front desk.

"Ok, your doctor will be a female alpha. Is that ok?" The beta at the front desk asks the couple.

"Jin, are you comfortable with that?" Namjoon softly asks and looks at the omega in his arms.

"Yeah, that's ok with me as long as you're in the room." Jin mumbles and leans into Namjoon for comfort.

"He can only go in the room if he is the father of the pup." The man at the front desk informs them with an apologetic voice.

"I am." Namjoon answers and tightens his hold around Jin's waist.

Jin looks up at Namjoon in surprise but does not say anything.

"Ok, then he can go in with you." The beta smiles and motions for them to take a seat.

"Really?" Jin asks as he sits next to Namjoon. "Are you really taking fatherhood of my pup?" Jin asks with big eyes.

"Of course, but we will discuss this when we are somewhere private." Namjoon smiles and gently brushes Jin's hair out of his face.

"Thank you so much." Jin smiles as tears build up in his eyes.

"Don't cry." Namjoon softly smiles and pulls Jin into his arms.

"Excuse me, I hope that you don't mind me saying this, but you two seem like a very sweet pair." A pregnant, female alpha smiles at them as she watches the pair.

"Thank you." Namjoon politely answers as he continues to hold Jin in his arms.

"Do you mind if I ask how far along you are?" The alpha asks Jin.

"I'm six months." Jin answers and holds onto Namjoon.

"I'm five months." The female alpha answers and gently rubs her baby bump.

Before anything else can be said, an arguing alpha couple walks in louder than an explosion. Namjoon protectively places his hand on Jin's belly and pulls the omega closer to him then glares at the arguing pair. Jin smiles as he looks at the protective hand on his belly.

"I wish my mate could be here." The female alpha sighs when she sees Namjoon's protective hand on the baby bump.

"You two! Cut it out!" Namjoon growls because he is sure that even though the woman is an alpha, she is probably nervous about being there without her mate.

The couple stops arguing and looks at the upset alpha a little surprised, but they both quiet down and sit to wait for their doctor. The beta at the front desk sighs in relief because that couple always raises hell when they walk in.

"Kim Seokjin." A nurse calls out, so Namjoon gets up and helps Jin to his feet.

"Good luck!" The female alpha smiles as the couple walks off.

"Thank you." Jin smiles and looks at the pretty alpha.

Once they are seated in the office, Namjoon frets and fusses because he doesn't think that the chair that Jin is in has enough cushions.

"So, why does such a fussy alpha like you have such a thin, unmarked, pregnant mate?" The doctor asks when she walks into the office.

"It's because I haven't been taking good enough care of him." Namjoon quickly answers. He would rather take the blame of being a bad father and mate than for anyone to find out that Jin was abandoned. He knows that she would judge the sweet omega. That's just how this pack works.