Chapter 41: Letting Go

Taehyung watches in horror as Jungkook is thrown to the ground over and over again. Tears stream down his face as Jungkook gasps in pain and his wounds bleed. Namjoon quickly hugs his crying son and tries to shield him from everything that is happening.

As Jungkook shakily tries to get up, he looks over at Taehyung and sees that the young alpha is crying. Not wanting to be the reason for Taehyung's tears, Jungkook growls in frustration and forces himself to stand up. 

Jungkook knows that if he does not end this fight quickly, he will die, so he turns to his wolf and lunges at his surprised opponent. His opponent quickly turns to his wolf, but is too slow. Unlike Jungkook, he does not have years of war to train him for pain and exhaustion. For as long as Jungkook can remember, he has been fighting to survive. He has fought and fought and pushed himself past his limits.

Please, look away. Jungkook's mind cries as he lunges for the throat of his opponent. He does not want Taehyung to see him kill someone. Namjoon knows this. He knows that he would never want Jin to see him kill someone, so he quickly covers Taehyung's eyes. Yoongi also does not want his younger brother to experience watching another person's death, so he sands up from his seat and stands in front of Taehyung, completely blocking his view of the arena.

Taehyung stills when everything suddenly goes silent. He cannot see a single thing, so when it goes silent, his senses are mostly cut off. He quickly smells the air and trembles when he smells blood.

"Appa." Taehyung quietly whimpers and waits to be told what happened.

"He won." Namjoon quietly answers and removes his hand from over Taehyung's eyes.

When Taehyung opens his eyes and Yoongi steps aside, he is met with Jungkook's exhausted gaze. Taehyung covers his mouth when sobs of relief rush over him like a tsunami. Jungkook softly smiles because there are people who want him to live. He looks over at the gorgeous omega by Namjoon's side and sees that Jin is crying and smiling in relief.

To Jungkook's surprise, several members of his pack run over to him and keep him from collapsing to the arena mat out of exhaustion. My pack is safe. I won.

"This matter is closed! No one can attack the Ignis Pack again! If you do, you have broken the pact that you signed in front of the Council!" Pack Alpha Jung Minho loudly announces to the other packs as he flashes his eyes red in warning.

Hoseok looks at his father with pride as his father protectively stands in front of Pack Alpha Jeon. I hope to be as brave as you someday. Without wavering, you protect the innocent. I pray that I am as good of a Pack Alpha as you in the future.

Taehyung quietly watches as Jungkook is rushed off of the arena to receive emergency medical care. I will see you when you visit.

"Are you ok?" Yoongi softly asks his younger brother.

"I'm ok." Taehyung smiles and takes a deep breath.

"Ok good. That is enough crying now." Yoongi mumbles and hugs Taehyung who nods with more tears streaming down his face.

"Let's go home." Namjoon softly tells his family as he wraps his arm around Jin's waist.

The drive home is quiet as they all process everything that just happened.

"So, I guess that I am staying the night." Hoseok suddenly blurts out, startling the entire family.

"Omo! It looks like it!" Jin smiles and looks at Hoseok who cheers in excitement.

"You are 20 years old, yet staying over at our place is still exciting." Yoongi chuckles and shakes his head at his best friend.

"Your parents are better cooks than mine! My Eomma said that she would cook a celebratory meal tonight when Pack Alpha Jeon won! That scares me." Hoseok shivers as he thinks about his mother's cooking.