Chapter 6: Morning Pastel

"Jin, did your family abuse you growing up?" Namjoon asks once Jin finishes his plate of crepes and strawberries.

"Yes, and any money we did have went to my alpha brother. My parents always told me that they were too greedy in trying for a second alpha pup. Even a beta would have been better than having me." Jin whispers and looks down at his hands as he remembers his neglected childhood. "Then he suddenly showed up and gave me the attention that I craved, or I thought I craved. That's how I fell into his trap." Jin cries and covers his face as the tears fall.

The omega hasn't cried about his circumstances since everything happened because he has needed to be strong. He feels safe and protected with Namjoon, so the tears are finally falling freely. Namjoon quickly stands up from his chair and scoops the crying omega into his arms then carries him to their nest. 

The thought of Jin being abandoned and neglected breaks Namjoon's heart to a million pieces. As Jin cries in his arms, he tells himself to never be the reason for Jin's tears. The alpha lets the omega cry every tear out. He knows that the omega needs a shoulder to cry on right now.

Once the omega stops crying, he sniffles and looks up at Namjoon to see the alpha looking out of the large window to give Jin privacy. When Namjoon hears Jin's quietening sniffles, he reaches over to the nightstand and grabs a tissue for the omega.

"Thank you." Jin sniffles and wipes his face then lays his head back on Namjoon's chest. "Can I stay like this for a minute?" The omega softly asks as he enjoys Namjoon's warmth.

"You can stay like this for as long as you want, even all night." Namjoon's deep voice soothes the tired omega.

"Thank you." Jin whispers and closes his eyes. As he listens to his surroundings, he hones in on the alpha's steady heartbeat with Taehyung's fluttering heartbeat in the background. The omega feels completely safe with Namjoon.

After a few minutes, Namjoon hears Jin's soft snores, so he pulls the blanket over them and turns the light off with the remote by the bed. He carefully moves down the bed with Jin on his chest then faces the window and stares at the city below. The alpha loves how the city looks at night after a heavy storm.

When dawn arrives, Namjoon wakes up and smiles at the omega peacefully sleeping on his chest. He carefully brushes Jin's hair out of his eyes and admires the omega's perfect face. What makes his smile grow the most is the rose tint on Jin's once pale cheeks. One day of safety and comfort is already healing the omega.

Once the alpha has stared at Jin's soft face for a while, he carefully moves out of the bed and places his scent-drenched pillow under Jin and goes to the balcony for a smoke. When he opens the balcony door, he takes a deep breath of the fresh morning air then carefully slides the door mostly shut. The alpha leaves a crack open so that he can hear Jin's movements to make sure the omega is ok.

As the smoke swirls through the alpha's lungs, he hums and watches the sunrise. To him, everything is perfect. He woke up to a beautiful and heartwarming sight as Jin's and Taehyung's heartbeats floated around the apartment. The omega and his pup are healthy and safe in their bed. The morning breeze is cool and refreshing. The sunrise is softly lighting the sky. And his favorite pack of cigarettes is in his lungs.

A soft presence by the alpha's side snaps him out of his thoughts when Jin happily stands next to him.

"It's ok. I don't mind. I like the smell of your cigarettes." Jin smiles and stops Namjoon from stamping out his cigarette.

"It's bad for Taehyung." 

"He'll be ok. I'm not standing downwind from you." Jin grins and motions for Namjoon to continue. The omega doesn't want to disrupt Namjoon's life. He knows that if he stops Namjoon from doing the things that calm him, the alpha may come to regret some things, and Jin doesn't want to be a reason why Namjoon regrets things.