Chapter 58: Growing Families

When social services arrive, Jungkook and Taehyung meet up with the workers. They discuss the option of adopting the pups.

"We are currently contacting the mother's parents. The pups' father was an orphan." The social worker explains to Jungkook and Taehyung.

"They are hungry." Taehyung mutters as he watches the pups cry.

"A beta nurse will feed them for now." Jungkook softly tells his mate.

As they watch nurses feed the pups, the mother's parents arrive and are screaming. Jungkook and Taehyung quickly go and meet the screaming pair.

"Where is that bastard?! He took our pup from us!" The grandmother screams out in pain.

"What are you talking about?" Jungkook quickly asks when he hears her angered and pained screams.

"That bastard mate of our precious pup! I can see that he didn't even come! She's dead,  and he didn't even come!" The woman screams as she looks around the pediatric wing of the hospital.

"Ma'am, your daughter's mate is dead. He died a week ago." Taehyung tells her with slight anger lacing his voice.

"What? What do you mean?" The grandfather asks and looks at Taehyung in shock.

"Her mate died in a hit and run accident a week ago. Your daughter had been living on the streets after his death. Her records show that you abandoned her when she met her mate." Taehyung's eyes fill with anger as he recalls the omega's records.

"Those pups should have died with her! They killed my pup!" The grandmother screeches in anger.

"So, can we assume that you will not be raising them?" Jungkook asks as he does his best to rein his anger in.

"They are cursed! Why would we raise them?! Those things killed our pup!" The grandmother screeches as she glares at Jungkook.

"Is her response enough to give us custody?" Jungkook looks at the mortified social worker.

"Yes, it is enough." The social worker responds as she looks at the grandmother in horror and disgust.

"Are you going to adopt our daughter's pups?" The grandfather softly asks as he looks at Taehyung and Jungkook.

"Yes." Taehyung answers and looks at the older gentleman.

"Thank you so much." The man cries and gets down on his knees and bows to them.

"Please, do not bow to us." Taehyung and Jungkook quickly kneel down and help him stand up.

"I apologize for my mate's words. She is in shock and pain from losing our daughter." The older male alpha apologizes.

"I understand that we all react to immense grief and pain differently." Jungkook gently responds.

"Alpha Jeon and Luna Jeon, are you two ready to meet your pups?" The social worker asks them once she has the paperwork that she brought for them sorted.

"Alpha? Luna?" The grandparents look at the pair in shock.

"Yes, we are ready." Jungkook and Taehyung smile then follow the social worker to the pediatric room where their pups are waiting for them.

When they walk into the room, their pups are the only two pups in the room, so their scents when they adopt the pups do not affect the other newborns.

"They were born early. That is why they are small, but they are both alphas." The specialist for pups born prematurely explains to them.

"Okay. Are they healthy?" Jungkook asks as he gently brushes his hand across the smallest pup's face.

"Yes, so far they are both relatively healthy." The specialist answers and watches as the two alphas' scents calm the crying alpha pups. "They seem to be bonding with you two well. It is safe for you two to adopt them."