Chapter 73: Crimson Sunrise

As the crimson sun rises, the fighters of Aestas return with the dead fighters of Ignis. Pack Ignis is filled with the cries of those who lost loved ones.

Taehyung watches with immense pain in his heart as the dead are brought home covered in white sheets with Ignis' flame symbol etched onto the sheets. Tears stream down the Luna of Ignis' face as the crimson sunrise stains the white sheets red. He cries as he looks up at the crimson sky and covers his face with his hand. As the Luna of Ignis, he can feel the pack's pain, and as the mate of the Alpha of Ignis, he can feel his mate's pain and guilt.

"What was he doing to them?" Jungkook whispers in horror when he sees the bodies of his fighters.

"He was fighting them like dogs." Somin informs him as the few who were rescued alive are quickly brought to the hospital to be cared for and given emergency treatment.

"Fucking bastard." Jungkook snarls in anger and turns to look at the monster who killed his pack members.

"I am going to kill him." Taehyung hisses as he storms over to the Pack Alpha of Lutium.

Before anyone can stop him, Taehyung digs his claws into the face of the horrified Alpha of Lutium. He does not flinch when the screaming, mutilated alpha's blood splatters on his face. Tears trickle down his bloody face as he looks up at the crimson sky.

Jungkook quickly wraps his enraged mate in his arms and comforts him. As more bodies are brought over the border, the pack is filled with pain and anger. Alpha Jeon quietly cries as he holds his mate in his embrace.

"Get Alpha Jeon and Luna Jeon to the hospital!" Namjoon suddenly shouts when he sees their injuries.

Soon, medics run over to the pair and quickly place them on gurneys then place them into emergency vehicles and bring them to the hospital. Jungkook closes his eyes and listens to his mate's heartbeat over their link as they go to the hospital in different emergency vehicles.

When they arrive at the hospital, many of the pack members have arrived at the hospital to check on their Luna and Alpha. They all gasp in horror when they see the injuries their Luna and Alpha have sustained.

Jungkook weakly reaches his hand out for his mate as they are wheeled into the hospital. When he holds his mate's hand, he smiles and closes his eyes.

"We will treat their wounds together." The doctor informs the nurses when he sees the pair holding hands.

While their wounds are treated, the two mates look at each other and smile. Tears trickle down Jungkook's face as he looks at his injured mate.

"I am sorry." Jungkook tightens his grip around Taehyung's hand.

"There is nothing to apologize for. I willingly fight by your side." Taehyung smiles at his crying mate.

"So many died."

"I know. It is okay to cry. You are in pain." Taehyung gently rubs his thumb on top of his mate's hand.

"I don't have any right to cry. I did not protect them."

"You have spilled your blood time and time again to protect Ignis. Trust me, no one blames you for anything." A tear trickles down Taehyung's cheek when he hears his mate's pain.

"I should have protected them."

"You have protected them and are still protecting them."

"I love you." Jungkook sniffles as he looks into his mate's honey-golden eyes.

"I love you too." Taehyung whispers with a soft smile on his face.