Chapter 74: The Calm After the Storm

As the pack walks out to the burial site, the sun shines above them in the clear blue sky. Jungkook smiles and looks up at the morning sky and is relieved to see not a single cloud in the beautiful sky.

"They deserve to be laid to rest on a beautiful July day." Jungkook whispers and looks around the beautiful place they picked as the memorial site for the ones who were killed in Lutium.

As Jungkook looks around the beautiful memorial service, he sees that the many who defended and protected Ignis are injured. He looks at his mate who is standing by his side and sees his arm in a sling to stabilize is shoulder then looks at himself and sees the wheelchair he is sitting in and his oldest pup who is sitting in his lap.

"Many died to protect Ignis; however, none died in vain. As I look around this brave pack, I see the many loved ones that are alive and healthy because of their sacrifice. The fighters of Ignis knew that what they were protecting is precious. Today is a day of mourning the many beautiful souls that were lost, but live your lives with joy fulfilling all of your wishes. Those who died protecting us would not want us to break, but they would want us to live the beautiful lives they died protecting. Being a member of Ignis is something to be proud of. Ignis is a home to be proud of." Taehyung addresses his mourning pack then looks at Heewon towards the end as he remembers her thoughts of wishing to have been born in a different pack. "Today, we honor, mourn, love, and respect the beautiful members and loved ones we lost."

A tear trickles down Jungkook face as he listens to his mate's words filled with love and pride for Ignis.

"And we will continue to defend and protect the home they died protecting until our very last breaths." The pack responds to their Luna as they place white chrysanthemums on the many graves.

"We will never forget your sacrifice."

After the memorial service, Taehyung and Jungkook return to their home with their family.

"Tomorrow, I will begin the trial of the pack alphas that attacked Ignis. I am sure that they know that they are fucked. They signed treaties to never attack Ignis again, yet they broke those treaties. I will make sure that they receive harsh punishments. I will also appoint their new pack alphas. According to the inter-pack laws, breaking a no attack treaty is no joke. I read up on it, and I have the ability to place anyone as the pack alpha of the packs that broke the treaty." Namjoon explains to his family.

"Wow. That is a lot of power." Jungkook mutters and looks at his father-in-law.

"It really is. Here I was being excited about retiring and playing with my grandpups, then that brat went and killed the old bastard then placed me in that empty seat." Namjoon groans at the end and glares at Hoseok.

"If it makes you feel any better, Appa is making me become the Pack Alpha of Aestas." Hoseok grumbles with a pout.

"Serves you right. If I have to take on these immense responsibilities, then you do too." Namjoon mutters and glares at the younger wolf.

"Why do I not have an older alpha sibling?" Hoseok whines as he cuddles his youngest pup in his arms. "Taemin is lucky that his chubby butt was born an omega, so he can avoid being Pack Alpha. My little alpha daughter is not so lucky." Hoseok sighs as he looks at his daughter who is happily snuggled in his arms.

"You'll do well leading Aestas since you have your father to learn from who has been wonderful for Aestas." Jungkook chuckles as he looks at the pouting Future Alpha of Aestas.

"I hope that I can be a good example for Taeyeon." Hoseok mutters and kisses his pup's head.

As Namjoon looks around the room, he realizes that he and Minho used to have these exact conversations while his father would tell them exactly what he is about to tell Hoseok and Jungkook and his sons.