Chapter 64: Courage

When Taehyung and Jungkook arrive at their home, Jaewook is crying for them while Siwon's sister desperately tries to calm him down.

"EOMMA! APPA!" Jaewook sobs when he sees the car pull up with his parents in it then breaks free of Heewon and runs towards the car.

"Wookie." Taehyung quickly gets out of the car and scoops his crying pup into his arms and holds him tight. "It's okay, Wookie. We are home. Eomma and Appa are here."

"Eomma gone when Wookie wake up!" Jaewook sobs and clings to his mother.

"It's okay, pup. It's okay. Eomma is here now." Taehyung hums and gently bounces his pup in his arms.

"I am so sorry. I was not able to calm him down." Heewon apologizes to Jungkook.

"It is okay. Thank you for caring for our pups while we were gone." Jungkook responds and wraps his arms around his mate and pup.

"Of course. If this ever happens again, you can call me. I will take care of them. The future Alpha is very sweet. I understand that he was scared." Heewon answers as she softly looks at the crying pup.

"Would you like to stay for dinner? Being around Jaewook more will help him get used to you." Taehyung suggests as he cradles his crying pup.

"I know that you two are exhausted and need rest. I do not want to tire you anymore." Heewon softly responds as she looks at the blood splattered on Jungkook.

"It is okay with me. Please, join us." Taehyung smiles then walks into his home without leaving anymore room for argument.

"Love, I am going to go and shower. Is that okay?" Jungkook asks his mate as they walk into their home.

"Go ahead. I'll start cooking." Taehyung smiles and gently pecks his mate's lips.

"You need to clean up too." Jungkook mutters when he sees there is blood on his mate as well.

"Oh yeah." Taehyung mumbles and looks at the blood. "Heewon, I apologize. I will have to take a quick shower."

"It is perfectly fine. I will wait here." Heewon smiles and motions for them to go.

"Thank you." Taehyung responds then goes upstairs with his mate and pup. "I'll bathe with Wookie."

"Okay. I'll shower." Jungkook softly kisses his mate's forehead then grabs a pair of clothes.

As Taehyung undresses for the shower, Jaewook clings to him refusing to let go or to be put down. Taehyung softly kisses his pup's forehead as Jaewook quietly sniffles. Once he and his pup are undressed and the water is warm, Taehyung settles into the warm bathtub.

"Are you comfortable?" Jungkook asks as he steps out of the steaming shower.

"Very." Taehyung hums and smiles as his mate walks over.

"Are you tired?" Jungkook softly asks and sits on the edge of the tub then runs his fingers through his mate's hair.

"A little." Taehyung mumbles and leans his head into his mate's hand.

"Wookie is sleeping." Jungkook chuckles when he sees his pup sleeping in his mate's arms.

"He's tired. He wore himself out from crying." Taehyung softly hums and kisses the top of his pup's head.

"Being the pup of the Alpha and the Luna is not easy even if he is loved." Jungkook softly whispers and places his hand on the top of his pup's head.

"He will be okay. He knows that we love him. As long as we continue to love him and protect him, he will be okay." Taehyung calms his worried mate.