Chapter 36: Saved All of Us

"Hyungie, do you want to go and play in the forest?" Taehyung asks as he climbs into Yoongi's bed at two in the morning.

"Right now?" Yoongi mumbles sleepily as he blinks and looks at his clock.

"Yes." Taehyung smiles and happily bounces on the bed.

"Ok, whatever you want." Yoongi softly smiles and sits up as Taehyung quickly hops off the bed in excitement.

As the two young, silver wolves race out of their home to the forest, their parents sit up in surprise and run to their balcony to watch their sons. The two young wolves' playful barks and yips fill the forest, letting their parents know that they are ok and having fun.

Yoongi and Taehyung happily race through the forest at top speed as they howl and chase each other. The moonlight filters through the trees and illuminates their silver fur, causing them to sparkle in the late night.

Yoongi yelps as Taehyung plows into him, sending him flying into the fall leaves that are coating the forest floor. As they play, the barren trees shake in the chilly autumn breeze as the owls hoot from the branches high in the sky.

The youngest of the two happily wags his tail as his older brother slowly sits up from the pile of leaves. Yoongi chuckles as Taehyung cocks his head and his tongue playfully hangs from his mouth. You are definitely my strange and innocent little brother. I won't let anyone dampen your bright spirit.

Taehyung's loud yip brings Yoongi from his thoughts, and he looks in the direction his little brother is barking in. He instantly stands to his feet and threateningly growls at the eyes that are peering at them in the distance. To his horror, his little brother trots off towards the stranger in the shadows. Yoongi quickly barks and chases after his little brother.

When Yoongi catches up with Taehyung, he barks and blocks the younger wolf from going any farther. Taehyung argumentatively barks back and tries to go around Yoongi who barks and blocks his way once more.

The young pup huffs and sits while glaring at his older brother in discontent. To the young pup's dismay, his older brother does not budge and blocks him from the stranger in the shadows.

To distract his younger brother, Yoongi barks and suddenly runs off in a random direction. The distraction works, and Taehyung happily chases after his older brother.

They happily play throughout the night while the eyes from the shadows continue to watch them. When Yoongi pauses to catch his breath, he angrily growls and threateningly swishes his tail to warn the stranger off.

Taehyung's happy yip from the stream pulls Yoongi's attention, and the older pup chases after his energetic younger brother. Yoongi happily joins Taehyung in the spring, and they splash around and tackle each other.

When the sun peaks over the horizon, both boys wade out of the stream and shake the water from their thick, silver coats and run home. They both happily howl when they see their parents waiting for them in the front lawn.

"Did my two pups have fun?" Jin asks as they race towards Namjoon and him.

"It looks like they did." Namjoon chuckles as he catches Taehyung whose fur is dripping wet.

"Let's go in and clean you two off." Jin smiles and gently pats Yoongi's head.

By the time both boys are cleaned and dried, they are exhausted. When Yoongi walks into his room, Taehyung is already sleeping on his bed.

"Taetae, are you going to sleep with me?" Yoongi asks as he lies down next to Taehyung.

"Mhm." The seven-year-old pup hums and snuggles closer to his older brother.