Chapter 68: Love

As Jimin lies in bed, he quietly waits for his mate who is making him honey and lemon water. He quietly wonders what his mate would have been like if he hadn't gotten pregnant.

"You were always gentle and kind from the very first moment, so I think that you would be the same." Jimin whispers to himself and looks at the moon.

"Jimin, are you okay?" Yoongi softly asks as he walks into the bedroom.

"I am okay." Jimin smiles and looks at his sweet mate. Yeah, you would still look at me the same and would still be sweet like this. There is no doubt about it. You are probably just a bit more protective.

"Here. I hope this helps." Yoongi carefully hands the warm mug to his mate.

"Thank you." Jimin hums and takes a sip of the warm, sweet water.

"Is it okay if I work for a bit?" Yoongi asks as he picks up his laptop.

"Sure! I don't mind at all." Jimin smiles and watches as his mate sits down on their bed with his laptop. "Can I watch?"

"Of course." Yoongi softly hums and lets Jimin nestle into his embrace.

As Yoongi goes over various papers related to the company, Jimin quietly watches as he sips on the lemon, honey water.

"What are the papers about?" Jimin asks after a few minutes.

For the next several minutes, Yoongi softly explains everything to his mate. When Yoongi had found out that his mate cannot read, he remembers his heart shattering into several pieces because it meant that his sweet mate's life was filled with only abuse.

"Is that your name?" Jimin asks when he points to a word he recognizes.

"It is." Yoongi smiles and kisses his mate's forehead.

"Your name is my favorite word." Jimin blushes and hides his face in his mate's shoulder.

"Hmm, well your name is my favorite word." Yoongi chuckles and picks up a pen and paper and writes his mate's name. "Kim Jimin is a very pretty name."

"Don't you find it embarrassing that your mate cannot read or write?" Jimin quietly asks as he continues to hide his face against his mate's shoulder.

"Never for a second have I been embarrassed about you being my mate. I am blessed to have met you and fallen in love with you." Jimin stops breathing when he hears his mate's words.

"You fell in love with me?" He whispers in shock as his heart beats erratically.

"Yes, I fell in love with you." Yoongi softly hums and sets his laptop aside then pulls his mate into his lap.

Jimin cries as his mate holds him in his warm embrace. "I love you too. I never thought that I would be allowed to love someone." 

"I love my little Jimin so much." Yoongi cries and tightens his embrace around his mate. "And I am so afraid of losing you. I am so scared. My precious mate is so tiny."

"You will never lose me. If it makes you feel better, we will only have this one pup. I don't want to scare you again." Jimin wraps his arms around his large mate.

"I will do everything that I can to protect you and keep you safe. I promise." Yoongi sobs and curls up around his precious mate.

"No one is abandoning you ever again. I promise. You will never be abandoned." Jimin whispers as he comforts his crying mate.

"I love my Jimin so much." Yoongi cries and listens to his mate's soft heartbeat.

"Your Jimin is very strong. I promise." Jimin softly hums and cards his fingers through his mate's soft, silver hair.