🔞 Chapter 43: I Will Hold Onto You

"I can't believe that we have to go." Yoongi grumbles as he and Taehyung get ready for the mate matching event that is held every five years between several packs.

"Same." Taehyung huffs and decides which outfit he should wear.

"I'll book a hotel room for us to go to once we are bored of the event." Yoongi mumbles and searches hotels for the night.

"Sure." Taehyung answers and puts on the clothes he chose.

"I'm going stick next to you the entire time. Appa and I can't scent you since that is not allowed for this event. Everyone will find out about your submissive nature. I don't want anyone trying anything." Yoongi mumbles and goes to his room to get dressed.

While Yoongi and Taehyung prepare for the night, Jin nervously sits in Namjoon's lap because he knows that there is a high chance that his sons will not come back the same. They could both end up with mates, and he does not like the thought of suddenly having to let go of his pups.

"Jinnie, it will be ok. They are both old enough for mates. Hoseok already has a pup." Namjoon softly comforts his mate.

"Do you know how much Noona has cried because she had to let go of her only son? Yoojun is sweet, but what if-"

"Noona is also very happy to have a grandpup." Namjoon softly reminds his mate.

"She got to prepare herself. I don't." Jin mumbles and watches as Taehyung and Yoongi walk downstairs.

"Boys, be safe. We'll be right here, waiting." Namjoon lovingly tells his adult pups.

"We love you too, Appa and Eomma." Taehyung smiles and hugs his parents. "Eomma, don't worry. Nothing will happen tonight. I will always be your little Taetae. I promise." He softly kisses his worried mother's cheek.

"I'll make sure to keep him safe." Yoongi comforts his worried mother who nods.

"Tae, if he shows up, I will chastise him for waiting so long." Jin grumbles and kisses Taehyung's forehead. "And Yoonie, I hope that if you meet someone who catches your heart, do not push them away. I might be pouting and worrying, but I want you both to be happy. And if someone makes you happier than you are, hold onto them and never let go."

"We will, Eomma. I will make sure that if he meets someone he likes, he will not run away." Taehyung smiles and hugs his older brother.

"Ok, good. Now, both of you be safe." Namjoon waves as his sons leave.

"We will!" Taehyung smiles and waves then follows Yoongi to the car.

When they arrive at the venue that is on property in between five different pack territories, they both take a deep breath and get out of their car. Yoongi rests his arm over Taehyung's shoulder as they walk into the venue. If that alpha appears, I will rip him to pieces. I hate him for causing Taetae to cry. I hate him even more for making Taetae wait for so long!

"Alpha Kim Yoongi and Alpha Kim Taehyung have arrived!" The beta at the door announces to every person at the venue.

As Taehyung's soft, sweet scent floats into the building, everyone stops what they are doing and stares at the handsome alpha in surprise. Taehyung keeps his head up and avoids the stares as Yoongi releases more of his scent to protect his brother. As they walk through the crowd, they hear the various shocked whispers.

"It's ok." Yoongi softly whispers to his nervous brother.

"I know. Thank you for staying with me." Taehyung answers and leans closer to his older brother.

When they reach the bar, Yoongi orders drinks for both of them while Taehyung scans the crowd. He knows that Jungkook will not be here.

"Here." Yoongi hands Taehyung strawberry soju.