Chapter 4: Getting to Know You

"So, do you have any dreams that you want to pursue?" Namjoon softly asks Jin and holds his hand once he is settled in the nest beside Jin.

"I want to be a writer." Jin answers and looks at his hand in Namjoon's large hands.

"That sounds like fun. What needs to be done to help you pursue it?" Namjoon asks and looks into Jin's big, chestnut brown eyes.

"I was in university before I got pregnant." Jin quietly answers and becomes entranced by Namjoon's golden eyes.

"Do you want to go back to university?" Namjoon softly asks and holds his gaze.

"No. I want to be with Little One." Jin truthfully answers.

"I will do whatever I can to help you pursue your dream."

"I know. I think that I'll start out writing on my own. When I write something that I like, I'll ask you to help me." Jin answers then reaches up and gently traces Namjoon's face.

"I will wait for you to tell me when you need my help." Namjoon whispers and closes his eyes as he melts under Jin's gentle touch.

"So, this is what a bond feels like." Jin barely whispers as he feels warmth spread through him when he hears Namjoon's heart beat.

"It happens so fast." The alpha mumbles and becomes putty under Jin's touch.

"It really does." Jin smiles and traces Namjoon's nose with his index finger.

"I'm the illegitimate son of the Chairman and founder of Solis Conglomerate." Namjoon suddenly tells Jin who pauses and turns his full attention on Namjoon. "My mother was his secretary. He was already mated at the time. Two years after I was born, his mate bore an alpha for him. My father didn't care that I am illegitimate. He treated me as his oldest son. When I was six, my mother died from cancer. My father never mistreated her. She was the beta he loved. His mate hates me because she knows that I am the heir to everything, so when I was 17, she called me into her office one day and had a chemical that forced me into a rut. My half brother was there. They quickly chained me up and called my father, claiming that I suddenly stormed in and attacked them. I don't remember much because I was at the peak of a chemically induced rut. My father knew that it wasn't me, but there was no proof. So, he did what he had to and kicked me out. However, he didn't kick me to the streets. He gave me this apartment and everything that I've ever needed or wanted. We are still close because I know that he kicked me out to protect me. He was afraid that she would do something worse to me. I became a chef because I didn't want to depend on my father for everything. I wanted to become independent." Namjoon explains with his eyes closed and his hand still intertwined with Jin's for comfort.

"You must have been so scared and in so much pain." Jin whispers and pulls Namjoon into his arms.

"I was, but everything is ok now. I am independent and don't have to see them anymore. Someday, I'll have to take over the company. My father has made it clear that I am the heir." Namjoon mutters and looks at Jin who is beyond shocked. The alpha who took him off of the streets and is bonding with him is the heir to a large company.

"Wow, you're rich." Jin mumbles and looks at Namjoon with big eyes.

"Yeah." Namjoon chuckles and pecks Jin's cheek who instantly blushes.

"I am guessing that your half brother's mate is pregnant." Jin mumbles as he remembers what Namjoon told him earlier.

"Yeah. I guess so." Namjoon mutters and shrugs.

"Will that affect you?" Jin asks because he's worried that Namjoon will get hurt again.

"Probably not. I honestly don't know. I haven't seen him since I was 18." Namjoon answers and plays with Jin's fingers.