Chapter three

Today is Friday and my cousin has a job interview. I woke up so early and made breakfast for us and got ready for the day. I went to check on her in her room and she was getting ready.
Me: good morning cuz breakfast is ready.
Nolo:l'm so nervous.
Me:cuz you've got this. This is your job. You will get it.
Nolo: thank you. You've always been my big supporter.
Me: now let's go and eat. Before that where's your man? I haven't been seeing him.
Nolo: that's not my man. He's just a friend partly the reason I got fired from my previous job. So I decided to cut ties with him.
Me: okay dont forget dinner at my place tonight.
Nolo:kana wa tsamaya gompieno. I will miss you.
Me: you know you have a room in my house right?
Let's go and eat.
We eat our breakfast and pray for nolo after that.
She drops me at Rapula's place and leaves for her interview. I gather my things and wait for the moving company to arrive. I go to the garage to check on my car. I have two cars so the one I got into an accident with it's at service. I'm surprised my car is not in the garage. I call Rapula.
Me:hey I'm at your place and I can't find my car.
Rapula: what are you doing there? I'm at work.
Me: I'm here to fetch my things. And I can't see my car.
Rapula:Basetsana is using it at the moment.
Me:wa re Base... Did you give your so called wife to be my car? Rapula I'm warning you right now. I bought that car with my hard earned cash! I want my car right now! If it's not here in 30 minutes there'll be trouble. I'm telling you.
Rapula: relax. It's not like she stole it. And I told you not to move out. Basetsana will move out.
Me: and you better sign those papers I sent you. I
don't want to fight with you.

I cut his call. Isn't it enough
that he made me a fool? Now he takes my things and gives them to his mistress! I feel someone Pat me on my shoulder. I look back and this guy just smiles at me.

Me:hi.
Guy:sawubona sisi.
Me:hey. how are you?
Guy:ngiya phila. I've been calling you for the past ten minutes.
Me: sorry. I didnt hear you.
Guy:kulungile. Are you Keatlaretsi Bogatsu?

He was saying something i didn't even understand.

Me:yes can we please use English? I don't understand Zulu.
Guy: for you I can even polish my English.
He just stares into my eyes for a good two minutes. Guy:oh sorry. The name is Mpendulo. We are here to fetch your things.
Me:oh the moving company. You can get started.This is everything.

I show them the boxes and they start moving.Mpendulo walks into a box and almost falls. His colleagues laugh. I shake my head and go upstairs. I look for the other car keys I can find and I can't find them. I go back frustrated.
Mpendulo: what's wrong?Are you alright?
Me:ll m fine. Someone just took my car without my permission and I don't know how im going to leave this place.
My phone rings again and it's Rapula.
Rapula:Babe I said don't move out. Now why am I hearing about a moving truck being in our yard?
Me: I've already told you I'm moving out. Where did your woman take my car?
Rapula:she went to Northern cape she'll be back next month. Calm down you can still use your other car.
Me:oh my God! Rapula how can you allow her to take my car? How Will I get to work? She's busy gallivanting with my car a ikgantsha ka yone? Am I that stupid to work for another woman? You've hurt me it's enough. Bring back my car please.
Rapula: your car will be back. I'm coming home we will talk
I just cut his call and slid onto the couch.
Mpendulo:are you fine?
Me: just stop talking! Wa nthasetsa tlhe motho wa modimo!
He huffed and went on with his work.
I just sat down there just sat there thinking about Basetsana going up and down with my car. What if something happens to my car? As if it's not enough that he's flaunting his relationship with her in front of me he now takes my things and give them to her. Mpendulo:we are done packing your things. Can you give us your address?
Me:oh okay
Mpendulo:l can give you a lift...l heard you on the phone.
Me: thanks.
He led me to the passenger seat of the truck and opened the door for me. Ke maketsi motho a nkoka fela a ntsenya mo gare. Tsela yotlhe go ntsi go didimetsino one saying anything. We arrived in
Pretoria West and they unloaded everything. I thanked them and they left. I packed my things and after I was done I called an Uber and went to
Menlyn mall. I shopped for the house things and after I was done I bought groceries then went back home.
It was a month later and I still haven't gotten my car back. On the other hand my other car that I took for service hasn't been returned. I woke up did my hygiene process then got ready for work. My father's call came through before I could even request an Uber.
Me:dumela papa
Dad:my child. Why haven't you called me?
Me:papa you know why.
Dad:l hear you. How are you?
Me:im fine and you?
Dad:l'm fine. I wanted to find out how you are. I'm happy that you are fine.
Me: thanks Dad.
Dad: have a good day. I love you.
Me:l love you too Dad.
I smile after talking to my father. At least we are talking now. I didnt feel good not talking to my father. He's the only person I have in this world. So
I'm happy that at least we are talking it's something. I hear a knock as I take by work things about to leave. I will request an Uber standing outside or else I'll be late. I open the door only to find someone I wasn't expecting. What's he doing here?
Me:hi what brings you here?
Mpendulo: I heard you say you're going back to work today and I know you don't have transport so I'm here to take you to work.
Me: I thought I told you to leave me alone.
Mpendulo: and I thought I already told you it won't be possible?
Me: leave and never come back. If I were to call your boss and tell him you are harrasing me what would he say?
Mpendulo:l'm not harrasing you. Or you can't hold yourself when I'm next to you?
Me: don't flatter yourself.
Mpendulo: well I'm not going anywhere. Let's goor you will be late. I'm helping you save money.
I kept quiet because I know that talking to him doesn't help. We walked to his car and I couldnt believe it. The BMW x6 1 always saw parked around here is his.
Me: have you been spying on me? Are you stalking me?
Mpendulo:why?
Me: I've seen this car around here. What's it going to take for you to leave me alone? I even regret calling that moving company that day! I have many things stressing me and you are adding to that.
Mpendulo: until your surname is Khoza even then I will never leave you.
Yoh! Thank God I'm getting my car today. Or else I would be annoyed every day. Any way good luck to him Changing my surname to his. It's not gonna happen.
Me: you're just fooling yourself
Mpendulo: I dont give up. I will remind you of this on our wedding day.
Me: just drive!
He drove off. All the way he kept making small talks and I ignored him. Even at workhe took my workcase and went inside the building with me until we reached my office. People were looking at us and he was smiling. I started doing my work. I actually regret taking that leave. I found a pile of work waiting for me. I didn't even go to lunch because I wanted to finish the work.
"Knock knock. I brought food for you." He says with his stupid smile. What am I going to do with this guy?
Me: I see you don't take no for an answer.
Mpendulo: you know me. How's your day so far?
Me: good.
He takes out the takeaways and I see it's pap and beef stew. It looks delicious.
Mpendulo:l know you are hungry. It won't hurt you to eat.
Me:okay
Sponsored
he took my workcase and went inside the building with me until we reached my office. People were looking at us and he was smiling. I started doing my work. I actually regret taking that leave. I found a pile of work waiting for me. I didn't even go to lunch because I wanted to finish the work.
"Knock knock. I brought food for you." He says with his stupid smile. What am I going to do with this guy?
Me: I see you don't take no for an answer.
Mpendulo: you know me. How's your day so far?
Me: good.
He takes out the takeaways and I see it's pap and beef stew. It looks delicious.
Mpendulo:l know you are hungry. It wont hurt you to eat.
Me:okay I must admit I am hungry. Thanks for bringing the food. But let it be the last time. Mpendulo:you could have just left that last statement.
A knock disturbs us.
Me: come in.
The Devil must be trying me. What does Rapula want here?
Me:nka go thusa?
Rapula:l brought you lunch.
Me: I already have food.
Mpendulo:who is this?
Me: no one.
Mpendulo:yoh I will leave you two to talk. I'm going back home tonighttake care. I will call you.
Rapula:who is this?
Mpendulo:her man
My eyes popped out and I looked at him and he was smiling. He came to where I was standing and hugged me.
Mpendulo: call if you need anything.
Me: leave and never come back.
I whispered that to him. To make this situation we're faced with worse he cupped my face and kissed me. God! What is this guy doing to me?
Mpendulo: I love you. A car will be waiting for you outside. You will use it until your car is back. Bye. He kissed my cheek and left whistling. My my! What just happened? Am I dreaming?
Rapula:is this the reason you wanted to move out?
so you can see your boyfriend easily?
Me: Rapula what I do is non of your business. Rapula: I won't allow my wife to go around kissing other man. In my presence. Do you know how disrespectful that is?
Me: please leave. I still have a lot of work to do here. Rapula:l can't believe I came here thinking of fixing things between us.
Me: there's nothing to fix here. Admit it. You never loved me. You only married me to make money out of me and you are hoping to still make more. Sign those papers. I'm not coming back. Tell your woman to have my car ready by this afternoon. Someone will come and fetch it.
Rapula: Keatlaretsi I love you.
Me: no you don't. Okayif you did then why did you tell me to have my tubes tied and went and had children with her? It's because you didn't want to be linked to me forever. Why did you cheat on me if you loved me? If you loved me we wouldn't be here. It's clear that I was just a fool to think you love me. I never thought I would say this but I regret the day I said I do. It was the worst mistake of my life. A mistake I will never repeat. Do me a favor and sign those papers. Now if you can please leavel have a lot of work waiting for me.
Rapula: we can still fix things. I can leave her if that's what you want.
Me: it's too late for that. Good bye.
Rapula: this is not good bye. Married people go through bad times and this is it for us and we will fix things.
He left the food he came with and got out of my office. I opened the lunch bag and it was a home cooked meal. I will have it in the evening. He just saved me from cooking. I ate the food that
mpendulo came with. Speaking of himhow am I going to get rid of him? He even left his car for me?
Does he trust me that much? What if I damage it?
Sitting in your house after work having a drink with no worry in the world is therapeutic. I'm just sitting here waiting for Nolo to finish taking a shower. She came here after work with an excuse of wanting to check on me. But I think she's bored because she's off for two days. She doesn't have friends. I'm her only friend. And im happy to have a best friend like her. All my friends from varsity left me after I got married to Rapula. They were team 'Tim.' Tim is the lecturer that I was dating back in varsity. That man loved me so much and I was stupid and left him for Rapula. Now the same Rapula showed me flames. I really wish Tim was still alive. Maybe just maybe. We would get back together and be happy. I dont think I will ever love anyone like I loved him. Even when I got married to Rapula I still carried his love in my heart. I remember we started dating when I was 17 and doing first year in UP. He was 24 and a junior lecturer. We dated for 3 years until I got married. So from there on I saw no need to have more friends. Those can be fake. I just have acquaintances. But I
will never completely let them into my life. Like tell them about what's going on in my lifelet them in on my private life. That I will never do.
"Cuz why so serious? I swear someone can break in and take you and you would still not hear anything." Me: you are crazy you know that?
Nolo: for real though what's bothering you?
Me: Rapula was at my work today.
Nolo:and that's bothering you? I thought you've deleted him from your life and he's a no factor. Me:yes but what I'm worried about is that he found Mpendulo there.
Nolo: I thought you said you told this Mpendulo guy to leave you alone and you haven't spoken for a long time.
Me:yes but today he just showed up here and offered to take me to work. He introduced himself as my man and even kissed me in Rapula's presence.
Nolo: I like him!
Me: this is a serious matter. What if Rapula does something to him?
Nolo:oh my God. You like him. You really like this guy. That's why you are worried!
Me: it's too soon. I don't see him like that. Rapula was so angry. What if he tells my father?
Nolo:he won't. He's trying to get you back so he'll try to act righteous to you. So don't worry.
Me: Mpendulo even left his car with me so that I can use it to get around because he's going home. Who does that?
Nolo: that machine outside is his? Cuz this guy loves you. Hold on tight onto him. I'd say go for him. Me: I don't want no relationship stress in my life. I've had my fair share. Men are complicated. You think you're the only one in their life only to find out it's a

different story.
Nolo: not all man are like your ex. Give love a chance. Anywaywe don't want you embarrassing the Bogatsu family. So chef Bogatsu is here to teach you how to make traditional food. I know you can't cook some food so I'm here to help. We don't want you feeling embarrassed when Mpendulo introduces you to his family and they ask you to cook for them.
Me:wa tsenwa waitsi? When he comes back I'm giving him his car and cut ties with him.
Nolo: but I'm still going to teach you how to cook. But know this One day you're going to be head over heels in love with him. I'm telling you. This
Mpendulo guy is slowly making his way into your heart you just haven't noticed. Or you're in denial. Mxm. She starts singing going to the kitchen. What am I going with this crazy cousin of mine?