Chapter thirteen

Sitting everyday for something that you're not even sure will happen is useless. It's been two months since I left the hospital. No sign of my husband. I'm even starting to doubt that he'll ever come back. Now i just told myself to learn to live without him. It's hard yes but I'll manage.
Mme Maggie:don't worry about cooking. You just stay here and i will do everything. You must res. You're always up at night looking after her.
Me:ka leboga mama. I will be in the sitting room  if you need me
Mme Maggie:okay.

I'm grateful for this woman. I grew up with some if her kids. She's from my kasi. When they say it takes a village to raise a child i put her in that. I can say that she also contributed to me growing up. And now she's helping me raise my children. So we take her as family here. I took my laptop and some snacks and juice and went to sit down. Before i can even start eating my snacks there's a knock. Will i ever get a break? I got up and went to open the door
Me:oh it's you.
Bongani:is that how you welcome us?
Me:i thought i made it clear that you all are not welcome here.
Mabutho:until when are you going to stop us from seeing the kids?
Me:you can see your brother's kids. But play far away from my baby. She's not even three months yet. So you're not allowed to get into her room.
Shaka:is that why you even shut the door on us? Uyasangana yini?
Me:youcan't come to my house to tell me that.  I thought you said she's not a Khoza baby. So why do you want to see her?
Siya:we apologized for that.
Me:oh please Siya. That was a lame excuse. Okay so tell me. If your brother dies wherever he is what are you going to do to me? Kick me out again?
Siya: we are not here about that.
Me:Siya let me tell you something. Stop letting these two put you into their unnecessary feud that they have with me. Just because they think I'm not fit for this family you are going to follow suit? The first time I net you you were so nice. I don't know what happened to you. Now if you'll excuse me. I need some air.
Bonga:so you won't let us see her?
Me:you'll see her after providing that she's your brother's baby. Or when you find him and he allows you to see her. But now i don't care. You won't see her.
Bongani:Khabyisile i thought we had already resolved this as a famy.
Me:Bongani i don't have a problem with anyone here. These three have a problem with me. If you or your other brothers want to see Onalerona you're welcome but not these three. If you come with them then you won't see her.

I'm tired of these people playing all over myhead. I'm already stressed but they are adding to it. They don't know what I'm going through. They have their wives with them. I'm the one who has to think about whether my husband will ever be found or not. This thing is eating me inside. I try to hide how broken i am from the kids. But I'm not an iron. I break. And today is one of those days. Now I'm crying. I wipe my tears quickly when mme Maggie comes.
Mme:it's fine to cry my child. Don't keep it inside.
Me:i don'tknow what to do anymore. It's hard.
Mme:your husband will be found. Just be strong.
Me:I'vebeen strongfor almost a year. Why is he not coming or contacting us?

I leave the sitting room as i feel my tears about to fall

NDONI

Marrying young is good but also has its bad side. Shaka's mother doesn't like me. I can't say anything about his father because he's a man. And even if he doesnt like me he doesnt say it. I've been through hell in this marriage that i even thought of leaving. My mother in law has been pestering me about when i would give them grandkids. I remember the day i got shot three years ago. She shouted even when she could see that i was in pain. Called me useless because i couldn't do a simple thing like giving birth to a child. As if its that simple.That is one of the reasons why I never set foot in the villages again. If Shaka wants to go he knows that he will have to go alone and not with me. Now we are waiting for him  to come back so we can all leave. It's my graduation day.im sure that woman is tye reason he's late. That woman is pure evil. She's the definition of a devil.But that's a story for another day.Now I'm finally a CA(SA). I am proud of myself. I don't know how I managed to pass with what i was going through. We decide to leave because Shaka is not coming. We get to Hilcrest campus and it's filled with graduates. The ceremony starts and they start calling names. Just as they call my name Shaka comes into the hall. At least he made it. I would have really been hurt if he didn't come. I accept my degree with happiness written over my face. I graduated with distinctions. I smile when i see my husband cheering for me. That's what I love most about him. His support. He's supportive. After the ceremony we all go to our place. They've prepared something. We are going to celebrate. He even took a day off just so he could be here.
Dad:I'm proud of you my baby. You made your old man really proud. This degree no one can take it from you. Anything can to an end but your education will never disappear. My money was not wasted. You knew exactly what you wanted and went for it. That's how it is. Us Zulus we don't give up.  That's why we always finish what we start.
Everyone said their speech and it was so good. After everyone left i cleaned the house and put plates in the dishwasher. I went to shower and then came and dressed into my night dress. My husband's phone started ringing. He must have forgotten it when he went to the study. Let me take it to him. It stops ringing then a message pops in. "Pick up your phone. Or you want me to come to your place and talk to your wife?"
Who's this? It rings again. This time I answer.
Voice:why did you leave me on my own knowing that your kids are sick!? I can't do this on my own. You're also my husband!