Chapter nineteen

LILOCA

I'm Liloca Pereira. I'm mozambican. That's where i met Mpendulo. He was badly injured when my father brought him home. I was attracted to him.  No it was not what they call love at first sight. I fell for him as time went. Then i noticed the ring he had on hus hand and concluded that he's married. But that did not stop me from making him mine. His memory loss was just a bonus to me. It made things easier. Imagine a 40 years old woman divorced. Who would marry me at such age? So i had to make sure that i get him. Things started going South when he remembered things bit by bit. Then he remembered that he had a wife and a family back in SA. That did not sit well with me. I wanted to have him to myself. I nursed him back to health! Then that brother of his found him and took him home. That ruined all my plans. Yes after gaining his memory he started irritating me. Everything he said was about his lively and beautiful wife. It's all we heard. The day i visited his place i started understanding why he always talked about her. She's beautiful. Really beautiful. I've never really seen a dark beauty like her. It's my first time. What i picked up about her is that she's those weak women. Which will make my plans easy.

I arrived last night from Mozambique. I moved this side so that i can execute my plan easily. Right now I'm sitting in a restaurant waiting on some Lisa girl. I hate waiting. I've been here for some time.
"Luu! Come here."

I watch as the two little boys jump up and down laughing. They run to their dad. On his arms is a little girl. They all look the same.  Just like their father. The little girl is holding on for dear life. Then the little wife comes with two kids. They are laughing and so happy. That's supposed to be me. If only. They take their seats as their father orders. After he's done he goes to their table with a full smile on his face. He doesn't care what anyone says. He kisses her even after she protests. All i see is love. I've never seen him smile like that even with my father. So who am i that he can smile like that with me? He talks to them and they laugh. Damn! I bang the table and the people next to me look at me. I look at the happy family as they leave. They really are a happy family. So how will he love me if he is like that with his little wife? I start being angry. That's my life!
"Sorry I'm late. Traffic. "
Me:did you see the time? I've been here for an hour. Let's go.

I take my handbag and leed the way. We arrive at my apartment and i see the happy family is moving out. I thought the fire would have helped me. That she'd die together with her children and then I'd take over. I rented this apartment specifically just to keep my eyes on them. It seems like all my work is in vain.
"Why did you call me here?"
Me:I was doing a research and i found that you were once Keatlaretsi Khoza's friend.
"Then?"
Me:Annie i would like you to help me. You know her and her husband accused me of burning their house? So I'll also need a lawyer. And that's where you enter.
Annie:so how can I help?
Me:tell me about her.
Annie:well she was my friend. But we stopped being friends with her after she left her lecturer boyfriend...
Me:lecturer?
Annie:yes. She left him for her childhood friend. That man loved her but she dropped him just like that. You see, that fake marriage with the childhood friend didn't work out.
Me:fake? How so?
Annie:the friend was fooling her. He was already married and had a family.
Me:I'm sure she was just there for money.

She laughed and i looked at her confused.

Annie:it's clear you don't know her. The guy was the one after her money. She owned companies. But she gave him a share on her biggest company. If you Google BM construction you will see what I'm talking about. The guy and his wife were trying to scam her. Then she left him. That's where her husband came in and rescued her.
Me:how do you know all of this?
Aanie: you don't have to know how i know this.
Me:okay go on.
Annie:she fell in love with that man. I'm very sure she didn't know his age. Imagine at 29 being in a relationship with a 50 years old man. But what i loved most is their love for each other. So beautiful. That man loves his wife. No one can come between them. And i think she has found the one.
Me:i didn't call you here for that.
Annie:oaky!
Me:so how is she? Is she maybe a gold digger or something? How did she start these companies?
Annie:not even a chance. That man is filthy rich but i don't think she knows. Or else she wouldn't be working. She built all those comlanies with her savings. She's smart. That's how she got to be this successful.
Me:you speak so highly of her yet you arent friends anymore.
Annie:she's a good person. If i could turn back the time...
Me:tell me about the lecturer.
Annie:my husband was his best friend. When he passed on he left her everything. That's how much he loved her.
Me:i see. So she's always attracted to these rich men.
Annie:they just fall in love with her. It's easy to be around her. She has a good heart. I remember my husband told me that when the lecturer left everything to her she transferred everything to his parents. She didn't even take a cent. It was so sad reading on the news about her house being burnt. So tell me is it true that you burnt the house...did you do it?
Me:no. I didn't. Even the police let go of that case. There was no evidence at all.
Annie:i don't know what that person was trying to do really. Burning the house with kids inside!
Me:sad mmh. Anyway thanks for the information. I need you to be my lawyer. This case might be reopened again.
Annie:im pretty sure they will find the culprit and you will be cleared of everything. After all her husband is friends with Zorro. So yeah.
Me:Zorro?
Annie:yeah.one of The most feared gangsters in the country. He's her husband's fruend and her friend's brother. So just one word it's done for that criminal.
Me:thank you for everything.
Annie:you do know 8i charge per hour?
Me:sure. Send me your banking details.