Chapter fifteen

A few weeks passed. Mpendulo's brothers came around as they usual. I didn't tell him about them kicking me out. I didn't want anymore trouble.  I had enough.  His phone rang everyday and he would ignore it. Sometimes he would go out and answer it. I didn't have the courage to ask him what it's about.  It was hard but I knew there was another woman. I was just waiting for him to tell me. He's a man.what did i expect? My  phone rang and he looked at it. We were sitting in the sitting room watching tv just after we finished having supper. I picked it up.
Bob: Keatlaretsi sorry for calling so late. I was just busy with something.
Me:it's fine.  You said you had something to tell me earlier on.
Bob:yes. You've been nominated for the businesswoman of the year and the company is also nominated on the best in construction.
Me:oh my God! That's good news.
Bob:yes that's not all. The business magazine has requested an interview with you. if you're available.
Me:of course. I am. You know what? You should also prepare yourself.  Bontle too. I want you guys to be part of the interview. It wouldn't have happened without you.  You've done an amazing job.
Bob:thank you boss. Have a good night.
Me:you too.
He cut the call. This is good news.  After a year of misery good things are happening. 
Mpendulo:who was that?
Me:it's Bob.
Mpendulo:Calling you so late. I thought you were not working anymore.
Me: i am not.  He was just telling me that i have been nominated for the best businesswoman of the year award, also my company was nominated. And that i have an interview with a magazine this weekend.
Mpendulo: so you're including him in the interview?
Me:yes. Him and Bontle have really helped in running the company. All the workers. This is the least I can do for them.
Mpendulo:aren't you afraid that other companies might offer him better after you sing his praises and you'll have to look for a ceo again?
Me:no. I know he's loyal to the company 
Mpendulo:okay.
His phone rang and he looked annoyed
Lisa:daddy your phone is ringing.
He rejected the call. That's his everyday thing. After the kids went to sleep i went to take a shower and finished then got into bed. He went to shower too and left his phone. I was tempted to take it and check his messages but decided against it. He came back and i slept. He tried touching me but i wasn't interested 
Mpendulo:what's wrong? Since I came back you've been like this.
Me:im just tired.
Mpendulo:just by touching you you get annoyed or irritated. 
Me:you want to know what is bothering me? Your secret lover is bothering me.  She keeps calling and you answer in secret. Why didn't you tell her you're married? Didn't she see that ring on your finger? Until you're ready to tell me about her i won't let you touch me.
Mpendulo:did i say it's a woman?
Me:you don't have to hide it. I know these things. That's how it starts. I've been there before so you can't fool me.  I just hope you will be able to live with the consequences.

After that i ignored him and just slept.

I woke up early in the morning and cleaned around the house.  I did house chores and finished. Then i went and took a shower. I bath my baby girl and off we went.  I drove to the doctor and got a contraceptive.  I wasn't going to keep giving birth while he goes out there working and i sit at home. That's if i was ever going to sleep with him. After my appointment i decided to check on doc at his surgery. Yeah.the doctor that once helped me when I got into an accident. I got there and lucky for me it was his break time.
Ric:if it's not the lovely Kea. Welcome.
Me:thank you. It's been a long time hey.
Ric:yes. Running this place takes most of my time. How are you?
Me:I'm good. You?
Ric:good. I'm worried about you. What happened to that Kea i knew? You look thin. It's worrying. I've never seen you like this.
Me:I'll be fine man.
Ric:did you find your husband?
Me:um why?
Ric:i  heard he was missing. You know Anelisa always knows all these things.
Me:Anelisa knows things about me and she talks to you about it? Why?
Ric:oh she's my wife.
Me:oh you finally got her. Congratulations. I know how much you loved her.
Ric:yes.
Me:it was nice seeing you. I have to go now.
Ric:same here.