Chapter seven

MPENDULO

Mabutho went back home as soon as the jet boarded.
He organized for transportation to take Mpendulo to his place. After about 2 hours or so the jet finally landed and he got out and held his daughter's hand and walked to the car that was waiting for them. He sent a text to Keatlaretsi telling her to pack a bag he's on his way to her. After a long drive they finally reached Pretoria West. They drove to her place and parked outside. He walked inside the yard and knocked .As soon as she saw him a big smile formed on her face and she hugged him forgetting that he's hurt. And his aunty and uncles want him to leave this lovely woman for someone he doesn't even know? How can he leave the woman he loves for something that is not worth it?
Kea:i missed you baby.
Mpendulo:i missed you more. Are youready to go? I want us to do groceries first.
Kea:okay.  Let me grab my bag and then we can go.
She ran upstairs
Mpendulo:babe don't run on the stairs please.
She giggled and came back with her bag. He held her hand and went back to the car. But not before holding her close to him and kissed her. They got into the car and he told the driver to drive to the mall.
Lisa:mommy i want a burger. And a milkshake. Please.
Kea: I'm going to buy you anything you want.
Lisa:i love you mom and dad.

KEATLARETSI

Mpendulo surprised me when he said i must pack my bag and be ready for him. I thought he said he's coming tomorrow.  But im happy he's here. We did our groceries then went to his place.  It's my first time being in this place. He bought a new house. It's bigger than the last one. But
Mpendulo: welcome to your new home MamKhoza.
Me:MamKhoza?
I smiled at him.
Mpendulo:yes. Soon it will be official but in my heart you're already my wife. And no one can change anything about it.
No one? Is there something going on?
Me:well,it's also just like that. So im going to cook. What should I make for us? I will cook more and put it in containers so that you can have something to eat when im not around.
Mpendulo:can you please stay here for this week?
Me:i only packed for the weekend.
Mpendulo: i will take care of that.
Me:okay. So what should I make?
Mpendulo:surprise your man.
Me:while im cooking please sit down and relax. I will bring you a drink. We don't want you putting more pressure on your feet. And i will keep on checking on you to make sure that you are sitting still.
Mpendulo:yes maam. Me and my baby girl will be just sitting here and watching her favourite cartoon.
Lisa:yes daddy. Mommy don't forget to also bring me some ice cream please.  I love you mom
Yoh this child! She's really manipulative just like her dad. I bring his beer and her ice cream. I went to the kitchen and took out tripe. I know he's going to love it. I'd make it with dumplings but i would finish late.  I make it with pap. The tripe takes a bit long but soon im done before it gets dark. I dish and take the food to the table. I make juice as well and take it to the table.
Me:food is ready.
Mpendulo:thanks babe. Im so happy you are here.
We went to sit down and Lisa prayed for the food.
Lisa:God,thank you for this food. Thank you for providing it for us. Thank you for my dad and for healing him.  Thank you for giving me my mother that i love somuch.  I promise i will be a good sister to my little champ.Amen.
Mpendulo:beautiful prayer. Now we can eat.

I looked at Mpendulo. He looked like he is troubled. I thought of asking but not tonight. We are celebrating him recovering. We ate and Mr Khoza was busy complementing my cooking skills. You should have seen a sister blushing. I must thank Bonolo for this.
Mpendulo:babe. Thank you. For everything.  You've been so supportive since you found out that im in hospital. Someone would have run away. But you stayed. You'restill here. You're my dream woman. A woman I'd love to spend the rest of my life with. A beautiful,caring and loving.  I'd love to have that woman around me forever. Wake up and see your face first thing in the morning.  Love,will you make me the happiest man in the world,be my wife. Willyou marry me? Be Mrs Khoza?
Me:yes. Yes.Oh my God. Yes i will marry you.
Mpendulo:thank you baby.
I didn't care that he didn't book the whole restaurant and got on his knee. Im a happy woman just like he is a happy man.
Me:babe i love my ring. It's so beautiful.
Mpendulo:i love you.
You can go so long while I put Lisa to sleep.
I picked a heavy Lisa up and went to her room. After dinner we watched tv and she fell asleep. I put her on bed and kissed her forehead then left. I head a fall abd screaming in the bathroom. I ran there abd my fiance fell in the bathtub.
Me:babe! Did you hurt yourself?
Mpendulo:just my leg. It's fine you can leave. Be careful not to fall on that water.
I could see that he was embarrassed. I got out and closed the bathroom door.i went to fetch a mob and when i come back he was just sitting in the bathtub and thinking.  He looked at me as i mopped the floor. After i was done i went close to him and took the washing towel and bath him.
Mpendulo: Keatlaretsi please d...
Me:babe you don'thave to be ashamed. You're hurt and i know you would do the the same for me. I would do anything for you. This is nothing.  Please if you struggle with something call me instead of putting pressure on your eg. I hurt when you hurt. Please. Can we please move to the room downstairs until you fully recover? I don't want you falling on the stairs.
Mpendulo:okay sthandwa sami. Im so lucky to have you. Imagine mina, indoda endala being bathed by someone.  You have a good heart. That's why I love you MaKhoza.
Me:now let's help you get up.
I helped him stand up and dried him then went back to the bedroom. I left him lotioning and took a quick shower and went to bed. But not before giving him his medication.