Chapter thirty nine

After the confession from Vimbai my grandmother fainted. She was rushed to the hospital. I couldn't stop crying. I went to my room and cried there.
Farai:can i talk to her?
I didn't notice that he was also here.
Mpe:I'll be outside with the kids.
Farai:I'm sorry.
Me:you have nothing to be sorry about. You didn't do anything.
Farai:i can't believe you're my twin. It feels surreal.
Me:how are you feeling?
Farai:hurt. Angry. Why did she do this? I could have had a chance to have a relationship with our father. Yes he raised me for a little while but i would have felt different knowing that i had a father. And now he's no more. What am i supposed to do now?
Me:aunty is so evil. And now grandma is in hospital because of her.
Farai:she will be fine.
He looked at me and wiped a tear that fell on my eyes. I hugged him.
Farai:stop crying please. I'll be fine.
Me:can we go and check on koko?
Farai:stay and look after the kids. I'll be fine okay?
He kissed my forehead smiling. I hugged him again. I felt like not letting go.

.....

My grandmother recovered from her fainting. But she was not in a good state at all. Finding out about what aunty did really broke her. Why would a sister do that to her sister? But she will get there. What she was more worried about is where her grandchild is. I promised to help look for him. I've already started with the process. Also, Farai is helping. Well the person that koko said can help me is a pastor. I thought it was going to be those people who tell you what happens in your life and who's responsible for all the suffering in your life and how your future is looking but that's not it. The man just prayed for me and told me that all will be well. My grandmother really trusted him so i was at ease. Those nightmares, i no longer have them. I don't even see Tshireletso anymore. But I'm still scared whenever I go out. I closed my laptop and went out of my room. I've been working from home since we came back. There was a lot to do so i decided to help. I hear some voices in the lounge talking. I guess the brothers have arrived and they are having one of their endless meetings. I hear a car driving off. That must be Farai.
Mabutho:and what does he have to do with this meeting? Sibonga baphantsi la ndoda yakhe yamfounela.
Muzi:this has to do with his sister so i understand why he wants to be involved.
Shaka:istabane? Does he know how to hold a gun? He's a doctor. He must focus on that.
Mabutho:uqinisile bafo.
After that Shaka and Mabutho laugh.

Wow. I've always known Shaka is homophobic. He's always showed it. I mean he even made fun of Farai about how he will not have kids. Not Mabutho too.

Siya:but i like that guy. Une nqondo and uhlakaniphile. Did you hear his ideas?
Bonga:there's nothing wrong about being gay.
Mabutho:he's rubbing off on you too?
Mzwakhe:do you know how many times the same gay you're making fun of made sure that his sister does not leave your brother? Would we be here if it wasn't for him? Ubafo ngabe afa  yidepression manje umfazi wakhe amshiyile. The same Farai helped Khanyo with her studies. But you're making fun of him.
Shaka:wa qala ke umotivational speaker bafethu.
Muzi:can we talk about why we are here? Wena Siya we are counting you out of this one. You know you're not supposed to be holding guns. You'll see to it that the kids and our wives are safe. No guns for you and Bongani. The guards will be with you.
Mabutho:i haven't done this in a while. I'll have fun doing this.
Mzwakhe:and don't have too much fun and end up forgetting what your job is.

I felt a hand grab me from the back. I looked behind and saw my husband. I was tongue tied. I didn't know what to say. We went all the way to our bedroom.
Mpe:since when do you eavesdrop on people's conversations?
Me:erh...
Mped:Khuluma phela.
Me:i didn't mean to.  I was just passing and i heard them talking about Farai.
Mpe:and you decided to listen?
Me:i said i didn't mean to. Your brothers are homophobic. Why do they make fun of gays? They always make Farai uncomfortable whenever he's here.
Mpe:I will talk to them.
Me: i don't like it. Gays are also people just like them.
Mpe:ngithe bgizo khuluma nabo. Now I'm going somewhere. Want me to bring you something?
Me:you can bring me a carrot cake.
Mpe:we have cake in the fridge.
Me:the kids finished it.
Mpe:okay. Ngiyak'thanda.
Me:nami ngiyak'thanda.
Mpe:uyabona manje ungenzani?
Me:babe your brothers are waiting for you.
Mpe:let them wait. I need my wife.