Chapter twenty eight

KEATLARETSI
It has been a week and he's not back yet. Even though he calls i still fear him not coming back. He said he's coming back today but he's still not saying anything. He was supposed to be here three hours ago.
Lisa:mommy daddy will come back today. Don't worry.
Me:yes. You're right.
Lisa:you know mama you are my best friend?
Me:baby i thought Lesedi is your best friend.
Lisa:she is. But not always.  But you...you are my best friend all the time. That's why i love you more than everyone.
Me:even more than Luyanda and Ayanda?
Lisa:no mommy.. no! Those two are my best best friends. But i love you more.
Me:okay. You deserve a treat.
Lisa:can i have your ice cream and cake?
Me:mmh. Let's go and take it.
Lisa:i want a big slice.
Me:mmh wena...is it you eating my cake?
Lisa:okay mommy. Im sorry I won't eat it again without asking you.
Me:im just joking. You can take it any time. But don't tell the twins or they will finish it for you.
Lisa:i promise.
We took the cake and ice cream and went back to the lounge.
Voice:what are my girls eating?
Lisa:daddy you're back! I missed you so much.
She ran upstairs.  To call her siblings i think. I i went and hugged him.
Mpendulo:i told you i will come back.
Me:im very happy. I was counting the days until you come back home. I missed you.
Mpendulo:not as much as I  missed you my wife.
Lu:dad is back.
Lu ,Lisa and aya ran to hug him.
Mpendulo:i missed you so much. Where are the others?
Lisa:the big boys are doing homeworks and Thando is sleeping.
Me:i hope no one will wake her up. Im tired of running after her.
Mpendulo:was she giving you problems?
Me:no. Im just tired of running after her. She's always running on the stairs i think we should put a gate or she will fall.
"Mommy"
Oh God she's up. I think im taking them to my mother in law these coming holidays. I can't deal anymore.
Me:daddy is back. Babe deal with her. I'll be in our room.
Mpendulo:i thought she was sleeping and i will have some time with my wife.
Thando:i missed you so much daddy.
She started walking/running on the stairs and threw herself to her daddy.
Mpendulo:Lisa fo and call your brothers. Im taking you guys out.
Me:have a nice time.
Mpendulo:aren't you joining us?
Me:i want to sleep. I haven't been sleeping well.
Mpendulo:okay. See you later.

....
I woke up from my nap to my phone ringing.  The house is quiet. That means that Mpendulo and the kids are not back yet. I answer my phone. It's Sne. What does she want?
Me:hello.
Sne:hi. How are you?
Me:im fine and you?
Me and her don't really talk unless it's about Mnqobi.
Sne:im good.
She sounds so happy.
Sne:i was wondering if Mnqobi could come this side maybe for a week.
Me:why? Schools just opened.
Sne:i thought maybe you'd have a lot to deal with. With what's going on and everything. I wouldn't want my child exposed to such environment.
Me: no he's fine.
Sne:okay darling.
She cut the call. Since when am i darling to her? What made her happy today?
I check my messages and there's a message from Sethu.
"Let's meet at Little star. The restaurant near Brooklyn mall. See you then."

I don't even know this restaurant. I search on the internet and im surprised it's Lerato's. Wow. These are the types of friends one should keep. She works and has a chain of restaurants. She'sreally doing well for herself. I wash my face and get ready to leave. I put the location on the gps. I drive there and look for her. The first one i see is Phumla. All of them are here. I greet and sit. Bonolo looks at me like she's analyzing me.
Me:why are you all looking at me?
Sethu:are you fine?
Her of all people asking if i am fine? I didn't take her as the caring type.
Me:yes. Why wouldn't I be?
Ndoni:have you been on Facebook or Twitter?
Me:you know i don't use those things most of the time . What's going on?
She gave me her phone.
Ndoni:even on Instagram.

BUSINESSWOMAN MARRIED TO A SUGERDADDY
IN A RELATIONSHIP A MAN OLD ENOUGH TO BE HER FATHER
IS IT LOVE OR ABOUT MONEY?
These were the things they were saying about me. Bonolo gave me a newspaper. It had a pictureof me with Mpendulo and also me with Rapula.
The caption was"Was she cheating on the poor guy with the sugar daddy?"