Chapter thirty one

Mpendulo

I'm on my way back from fetching the kids. They just landed from Durban.
Me:i have a surprise for you.
Mnqobi:what is it dad?
Lindani:is mom back?
Me:why are you saying that?
Mnqobi:because that would be the best gift ever!
Lindani:and you're smiling.
Me:okay. She's back. With your little brothers.
Mnqobi: and you said nothing. I would have come back long time ago!
Me:she can't wait to see you two. She missed you.
Lindani:we missed her too.

I drove home and when we got there Siya was there. I wonder how things went with him and his wife.
Siya:what do you feed these kids? They're so chubby. All of them.
Me:it must be all the porridge their mother feeds them. How did it go with your wife?
Siya:we fixed things. But problems follow me everywhere i go.
Me:yini manje?
Siya: Sethu was not feeling well. When we got to the hospital we found that Isabella is a doctor there and she had to attend to us. That too was a problem for my wife. Then we went to Mamelodi to fetch her things. Then when we got there her father who left her mother when she was pregnant with her was there. He wants to fix things with his children. Turns out he didn't want Sethu. He told her mother to abort her. Just because he was leaving her for another woman.
Me:this man is a lot of work mos.
Siya:guess who the father is? Mr Memela. Isabella's father.
Me: I thought Siphosethu is a Sibiya?
Siya:that's her mother's surname. Her father is Mr Memela. Now because I knew him she's mad at me. Why? I don't know.
Me:she'll be fine. We don't want anything happening to our baby.

Every child in the family belongs to all of us.

Me:you must be happy to be a father once again.  It's going to be a long nine months.
Siya:she's six months now. I don't know how we didn't notice. She gained weight but she doesn't look pregnant.
"You don't say that to a pregnant woman. "
Siya:pretend like you didn't hear me. And please. Don't tell her.
Kea:im here to take these three for their bath.
Siya:I'm also leaving. I left my wife alone.
Kea:I'll get the kids for you. Lindani come and take Sabelo.

After Siya leaves i follow behind my wife. Mnqobi is sitting next to the boys basins. He's smiling when we ebter the nursery.
Mnqobi:mommy they are beautiful.
Kea:just like you.
Mnqobi:im going to sit here while aunty bathes them.
By aunty he means the nanny. We now have three nannies. We have a lot of children and need all the help we can get.
Me:babe there's something i want to talk to you about.
Kea:okay. Im coming.
I sat on the bed in our room.
Kea:im here.
Me: i have to go to cape town on business. I Was wondering if you could come with me.
Kea:what about the kids? I've never been away from them.
Me:they will be fine. I just want to spend time with you. Just the two of us. I've missed you. And I'd like to spend each chance i get with you.
Kea:okay. I'd love that too. When are we leaving?
Me:second week of January. Take this card. Buy whatever you think we will need.
Kea:okay.
Me:use that money. Don't just say okay.
She's those i can take care of myself women. The independent ones. It's good but I'd love to see her spending this money. It's ours. I wake up n the morning to workso i can take care of her and the children.
Kea:i promise i will use it.
Me: don't forget to buy swimsuits neh?
Kea:ah babe i gained a lot of weight. I think i should join a gym.
Me:you're very beautiful. If you lose this weight how will i touch you like this  mhh...
I pull her to me. She tried moving away but I held her tightly.
Kea:ah baby i have to cook.
Me:the helper will cook. Right now i need my wife.

We just lay on bed talking. I really did miss her. I must admit that sometimes I'd get scared thinking that she'd never come back. But now she's back. And i will do my all to treat ger right this time. 

It's now at night and we're ready to leave. Another thing, i wasn't used to these date things but with her I'm learning. 
Lindani:mama where are you going? You look beautiful.
Me:I'm going out with dad.
Lindani:that's why he's looking this good. Let me take pictures. Dad come on.
Lol. We posed for a few pictures then got ready to leave.
Aya:mommy you're leaving again.
Me:no. I promise you i will be back.
Luu:no! You're leaving us.
Me:no. Okay look. Me and daddy are going out. Daddy will make sure that i don't leave okay?i promise.
Luu:okay daddy will make sure then. You will read us bedtime story?
Me:tomorrow. I love you and I'm never leaving you again.
Aya:okay.
They hug me and i picked and kissed them. My kids are hurt. They thought im leaving again. But im happy that in the end they calmed down.