Chapter thirty three

Keatlaretsi

My husband has been gone for a few hours now. He is not coming back. I try to call him but he doesn't answer my calls. I'm starting to get worried now. I decide to just wait. Everything is ready for the triplets party even the photographer is here and the family is here.
Nolo: don't worry. He might be on his way. You know how ques are.
Me:there's nothing about a queue here. I can feel it. He was just going to fetch the cake and come back. But it's been a few hours. What if something happened?
Mzwakhe:which shop did they go to so i can go and check on them?
Me:they we..
Nolo:they are here.
Me:finally. I was getting worried. Baby I was starting to get worried now.
He just sat on the couch and kept quiet.
Me:what's going on? Where's Thando? What happened to your hand?
Mpendulo:something happened while we were fetching the cake?
Me: Thando o kae? Where's my baby!?
Mpendulo:she's at the hospital. Muzi is with her.
Me:that's why he left...But what happened to my baby?
Mpendulo:calm down. She'll be fine.
Me:which hospital is she in? I need to see my baby.
Mpendulo:calm down please? That's why i came back. Just to make sure first that you don't freak out.
I sit down. My baby is in hospital! I'm shaking. I can't sit still.
Mpendulo:some man wanted to kidnap her. Luckily i was walking closwly with them. I noticed what was happening in time. He sprayed something on her face and grabbed her. I was fast enough to catch up with him before he reached the car. So i took her from him. That's whenhe stabbed me on my arm and ran away. But i got the number plate. The police are looking for him as we speak.
Me:how's she?
Mpendulo:she passed out after what happened. The doctors were busy with her. But she's fine. Let's go.
I followed behind him. We got into the car and he drove to the hospital.
Me:is she really fine?
Mpendulo:I'm sorry.
Me:for what?
Mpendulo:for all of this. I don't know what i would have done if that man succeeded in taking her.
Me:he didn't. That's what matters. Now we focus on her getting well.
Mpendulo: those few minutes she passed out I felt like everything around me was spinning. I don't know what would have happened.
Me:she's already been through so much. Now this. I wish i could just hide her from the troubles of this world. Can one person have such bad luck?Maybe I should cleanse myself at the ocean. All these bad things keep happening to my family.
Mpendulo:don't talk like that. Our baby will be fine. You will see. The doctor was just waiting for her to wake up. And if she's not under any danger we can leave with her.
The drive was quiet with only my sniffs. When we arrived we went to her ward and she wasbup. She was talking with Muzi. I wiped my tears. I didn't want her to see that i was crying.
Thando:mommy. You are here to take me,
Muzi:the doctor said we can leave with her. He'll be back with the docs to sign.
Me:how are you my love?
Thando:I'm fine mommy. Take me.
She opened her arms. I picked her and just wrapped my hands around her. I couldn't help but cry. We almost lost her.
Me:mommy loves you okay?
Thando:i love you too.
The doctor came and we signed then left.
Thando:is the bad man gobe?
Me:yes. he won't come back. The police will get him.

My baby must have been scared. I can't imagine what she was going through.

Muzi: i can't believe this happened again. It can't be a cincidence. These people want something.
Me:um what do you mean again? Did it happen before?
Mpendulo:yeerr Muzi nawe! I said we are not going to talk about this ever but now look.
Mui:i wasn't thinking.
Me:this is not the first time something like this happened?
Mpendulo:no. At first when you were missing they kidnapped Khanyo. And we had to look for her and you as well. I even thought they took you.
Me:what do these people want?
Mpendulo:we'll see you at home Muzi.
Just like that! He ignored me. We got in the car and left.
Me:what do they want?
Mpendulo:i will take care of this. Don't stress yourself.
Me:i deserve to know if my family's life is danger. What if something happens to you? What will be of me and the kids?
Mpendulo:this is beyond my control! They want my child. So what do i do with that? I can't give anyone my child.
Me:they want your child?
Mpendulo:yes. I think that guy thought Thando is Sphesihle. She's my child and she's not going anywhere.
Me:at least the police will look for that person.
Mpendulo:aboutthat. I didn'tinvolve the police.
Me:aow. Didn'tyou say the policeare workingonthis?
Mpendulo:i didn'twant to worryyou. I'mhandlingit myself.