Chapter eleven

Mpendulo was brushing my tummy.
Mpendulo:thank you for this beautiful gift. How's she treating you?
Me:who said it's a girl?
Mpendulo:me her father.  I know she's going to be my beautiful princess.
Me:the doctor said it's twins,and they are making me sick. And lazy.
Mpendulo:babies  please stop making mommy sick. Yes you can make her eat a lot but stop making her sick neh
He kissed my tummy.
Me:ke ja thata Mpendulo? Is that what you're saying?
Mpendulo:but babe you just ate a sandwich.
Me:that was hours ago.
Mpendulo:okay I will order food for us.
Me:no it's mine only. Akere ke ja thata
Mpendulo:okay im sorry. Baby tell mommy im sorry. Please.
Me:order my food before ke ngala.
Mpendulo:women!you don't know what want.
Me:what is that supposed to mean? Mxm don't even bother with the food anymore .
Mpendulo:babe i was joking.  You have to eat okay?  So that the babies  can grow
Me:what about me?
Mpendulo:do you want me to order food for you or not?
Me :i told you i want food.
Mpendulo:okay.  You don't have to cry.  I will order your food.

I woke up the following day feeling tired and weak. I went and took a bath hoping to be better.  After i was done i went downstairs and found breakfast in the oven.  Mpendulo left for work. It's just me since Lisa is not here. I took my food and started eating.  After i was done i went to take my work things and drove off to work. I had nothing to do at home. Everyone was busy as usual when I arrived. I got down to business.
Bontle:are you alright Keatlaretsi?
Me:im fine. Just alright tired of these morning sicknesses. 
Bontle:but it will all be worth it when the baby arrives. Just hang in there.
Me:yeah.  Im thinking of taking leave until i give birth. I just have to find someone who is capable of running my company.
Bontle:okay I will get on to it. Someone from outside or around here?
Me:someone from this company.  Do you think you could be in charge while im away?I'll pop in now and then. You did well last time.
Bontle:we both know im not qualified for that. Even though I've learnt a lot from you. Know what? I will talk to HR and they will look at people who are capable of this then you will do the enterviews.
Me:okay.  But you will have to work besides that person.
Bontle:okay then.
She left and I went back to my work.
....
Lunch time came and my husband came to pick me up. This time he didn't bring lunch. Just said we are going to a week away.  I wouldn't call it a weekend away because we'll spend the whole week there.  Lisa already left with his brothers.  He said it's a family thing.
Me:babe can we please fetch Bonolo? I miss her.
Mpendulo:Khanyisile you see her almost everyday.  She'll be bored there.
Me:she can come with her partner.  I will miss her. Imagine i won't see her the whole week.
Mpendulo:you will call each other. Please.  Me and my brothers just want our wives to get to know each other.  You can invite her to your ladies get together.
Me:okay.
Mpendulo:you know i love you? You are my life.  I'd kill for you.
Me:let's stop talking about killing.
Mpendulo:im serious.
Me:i never asked you. What do you really do? Beside moving peoples things.
Mpendulo:you think i move people things? That's my brother's company.  I only came for your things because i wanted to see you.  The first day i saw you enquiring about moving your things you took my breath away. I knew i had to have you in my life.
Me:so you spent two months before approaching me?
Mpendulo:yes. I followed you around. You were always so beautiful i had to hold myself from coming to you.
Me:weird. So what do you do?
Mpendulo:would you believe me if i said im a soldier? Well i was a soldier then quit.
Me:really?
Mpendulo:yeah so now im into transport.  But i specialise with trucks. Transporting goods outside south Africa and buses as well.
Me:wow.
Mpendulo:please answer my phone for me
It was written Snenhlanhla and i knew we were going to argue.
Me:it's your baby mama.
Mpendulo:talk to her. Im driving.
I answered and put it on loudspeaker.
Sne: Mpendulo.
Me:hi Snenhlanhla.  It's Khanyisile.
Mpendulo smiled.  He loves this name.
Sne:who's that? Anyway.  I have been waiting for his call.
Me:forget it sne. He won't be calling you.  Anything regarding Mnqobi you want to talk about you can call me.
Sne:oh it's the woman who thinks just because she's getting married to the father of my son she can be my son's mother.  Well i can ruin that marriage of yours before you even get married.
Me:well we're already married.  But you're welcome to come to the white wedding.  I can send you an invite. So what do you want?
Sne:give Mpendulo the phone.
Me:Snenhlanhla stay away from my husband.  Or you won't like it when I  come there. Maybe you've tried your stunts on his past relationships but not on me. Im not going to let you do that. This is your first and last warnimg.
Sne:you won't tell me what to do.
Me:we are done talking about.  Bye.
I cut the call and took my phone out sending a text to Farai that we'll meet next week.
Mpendulo:i didn't know you were so feisty. I can't believe that was you talking
Me:she must keep to her lane. You're mine. Her time has passed.
Mpendulo:okay.  I love that you stand up for yourself but please don't change.  Remain as my sweet wife.
Me:and don't entertain her please. I love you so much to lose you.  I myself can't believe that I've fallen hard in love in such a short time.
Mpendulo:i love you. If i was not driving i was going to kiss you. But we'll be there soon and I can't wait to hold my wife.
Me:i can't wait to see Lisa.  I missed her.
Mpendulo:this child is taking my space now. And i don't want to hear anything about her sleeping with us.
Me:it's like you read my mind.  I was gonna say she will sleep with us.
Mpendulo:not happening.
Me:im joking.
I kept looking at him while he's driving. My man is handsome.  No explanation needed.  He just is. After a while we drove into the lodge that they had booked into. He parked and we got out then went to where they had booked.  I could hear with the noise that everyone is already here. The first person I saw is Lisa running to me. I picked her up and she kissed my face.
Lisa:i missed you mommy.
Me:i missed you too.
Lisa:are you angry with me?i thought you left me.
Me:no im not.
Lisa:okay i was sad
Me:sorry.  I love you.
Lisa:i love you too mommy.
Mpendulo:Lisa come to daddy You will hurt the baby.
Lisa:which baby
Mpendulo:the one in mommy's tummy. Mommy is going to have a baby.
Lisa:okay. Take me.
I gave her to her father and we went in.
Mpendulo:sanibonani.
Siya:bafo you're here. I thought you were not coming.  Khanyisile uya phila
Me:yebo.
He laughed
Me:hey im learning here.
Bongani:it's a good thing that you're learning.  How are you and little Mkhathini?
Mpendulo:i can't believe i scored on the first day.
Mabutho:i trust you.
Me: Mpendulo im still angry at you.
Mpendulo:but babe i thought we were fine.
Me:well we were but not anymore.  Lisa baby you're sleeping with us tonigh
Lisa:yaay. I love sleeping with you.
Mpendulo:sthandwa sami ngiya xolisa.
They laughed.  Mxm.
Muzi: your sisters are by the pool.  You can join them.
I went out and there they were. All five of them.  I didn't know who the other one is. I greeted and sat on the empty chair.
Lisa:mommy im playing there. Don't leave without me okay?
Me:baby im not going anywhere.  You can go and play. 
I kissed her cheek and she ran to the other kids.