01. the seal from another world

◖𓈈﹗﹙chapter one﹚
❛ ▬▬ the seal from another world . . .

 ❜

              Lilith had never liked the dark. As a nineteen-year-old girl, she didn't hide any shame in admitting it. Not at all. In her earliest memories there had always been a bedside lamp nailed to the nightstand projecting a dim orange light that worked to calm her rush towards the unknown and complete darkness. It had become a difficult habit to break.

              She had made progress during all those years, the night light coming through her window was enough to chase away her fears. She was a big girl now, she had won over her phobia, but then again, she relapsed into fear of the dark.

              There were reasons why when the lights turn off, she felt her heart ready to jump out of her rib cage, feeling a cloud of fear and vulnerability blind her. Sam Winchester, her best friend, had told her that monster existed. All that shit that would make an atheist religious and a scientist crazy. She was eight years old when she believed in a monster waiting under her bed to eat her alive. Since then, she felt so lucky to know about the danger in the darkness, it was on the same level of a God's revelation.

              However, knowing of a supernatural world wasn't an excuse for her current condition, in fact, Lilith was almost sure that having the bedside lamp turned on again was not due to the number of paranormal stories about ghosts, werewolves and wendigos that Sam Winchester had told her. It wasn't the real reason for the intrusive manifestation of fear and loneliness contained in an intense pain on her chest.

              Salty tears attended the night running down her cheeks. No way, that shit was over. She had gotten used to the idea of ​​living in a world where the only evil was not the human being, but also the common and hackneyed representation of evil: monsters.

              Lilith Arduenn sat up on the bed and ran both hands aggressively down her face, wiping away the heavy tears. She sniffled and tried to calm the agitated lump in her throat, trying to calm down and take a deep breath, but she never succeeded. Every day it got worse and the sleepless hours dragged on. She cried every night for the disappearance of her mother. Her life was out of control.

              "Shit, shit, shit!" She moaned like a little girl, frustrated with her own life hitting her for the first time. More tears streamed down her face and Lilith pressed against the inoffensive sheets, crumpling them with the modesty of her childish behavior, although innate to her personality.

              The calendar counted two weeks since her mother was not with her. They had been the most impossible fourteen days she had ever lived, like an illusion of what hell would be like for her. Suddenly she became aware of the overwhelming silence. The clock under the bedside table pointed to half past four in the morning, it wasn't long before dawn and the mere idea of ​​another day brought her down and increased her loneliness. Shit, Lilith had just learned that being alone was not how she had romanticized her entire life.