24. goodbye for a while

◖𓈈﹗ ﹙ chapter twenty-four  ﹚
❛ ▬▬ goodbye for a while . . . ❜

The vehement fragance of roses permeated Lilith Arduenn's entire room, and as the delightful spring breeze entered through the large window of the highest tower of the coven, it illuminated the blushing cheeks of the young witch

The vehement fragance of roses permeated Lilith Arduenn's entire room, and as the delightful spring breeze entered through the large window of the highest tower of the coven, it illuminated the blushing cheeks of the young witch. She gazed at the immense basket of vibrant roses that Dorian Monsieti had gifted her. It was a very tender gesture. Along with the flowers came a note expressing his best wishes and offering his assistance in this new stage of her life. That's how Lilith labeled it: a new stage.

"How long are the flowers going to stay there?" her mother asked, while brushing her teeth.

"Until they start to smell bad," Lilith replied.

Today was going to be a busy day. Lilith had resumed her classes with Rowena after feeling anxious and wanting to keep her mind occupied. Unconsciously, she was guiding her life in search of a meaning that no longer existed. If she wasn't going back to university—which wasn't part of her plans—she wanted to focus on completing her training cycle and perhaps achieve another wonder. She adjusted to her classmates' more relaxed study plan, without sacrificing sleep and fun. Lilith had found a balance.

"Are you coming with me to see the Winchesters? You know I have to talk to Sam about Dean's deal. We can't let him rot in hell. We have to find a way to prevent it. Are you coming?"

Her mother immediately returned to the bathroom after hearing her suggestion and didn't come out for nearly ten minutes. Patience was a piece of advice she had found in articles on the internet about post-traumatic stress syndrome or, as she didn't have a license to diagnose, the simple trauma experienced by others. Lilith had been very attentive to her mother's behavior and how it changed around their surroundings, in the coven, and with herself. There were significant positive qualities that the young witch had experienced while living with her mother again after almost a year of being apart. At first, the physical signs of torture went unnoticed by the naked eye, but Lilith could sense the mental impact reflected in her behavior—it didn't make her any less cruel. However, as her mother gradually recovered physically, those imperceptible signs became visible. Her mother regained lost weight, her skin radiated a youthful glow, her hair looked softer and healthier, and even her voice sounded clear and without any strange hesitations. She started showing her arms and legs, her neck and décolletage; physically, she had healed. But mentally, Lilith wasn't entirely sure what was happening. Her mother had taken good care of her, paying attention to every detail. In fact, she had discovered a magical ointment for healing wounds hidden in a jar of moisturizer that went unnoticed. Lilith acted as if she didn't know.

"Yes," she finally answered, "getting out of the coven would do me good. I feel suffocated here." It was curious how she avoided words related to her kidnapping and what she had experienced there. The term "trapped" sounded better than "suffocated" in that allusion. "I'm going home, daughter. I can't stand being in the coven any longer."