16. coven

◖𓈈﹗﹙chapter thirteen﹚
❛ ▬▬ coven . . .

 ❜

Lilith had returned to massachusetts, to her native state. It had been the most intense journey of her entire life, and the most worrisome. She made the decision to leave behind the world she knew to venture into the webs of the supernatural and magic, fulfilling a childhood dream with the body of a young girl just barely out of teenage comfort. Not even on her first day on the university campus had she experienced such nerves and anxiety-the vomit rose in her throat, and she wasn't exaggerating. She focused her gaze on the vast forest with tall, ominous trees, trying to think of something else, but failed to unlock a terrifying feeling. Surely the forest looked more pleasant during the day, unlike the nocturnal shelter that, with its scarce light, immersed her in a horror story where she was the victim about to be devoured by a group of witches. Since they left the motel, Pandora had acted as someone in a very important position would. She was a woman in her forties-although Lilith had the impression of being in front of someone from centuries ago-with a rectangular face and distinct parameters, like grotesque brushstrokes. Lilith's height wasn't impressive, but next to the witch, she felt small. The long, antiquated dress only emphasized her elegant and firm personality, authoritative. It reminded her a lot of her course coordinator, a person who didn't like wasting time in their class. Pandora hadn't given her any reason to distrust her; she had to get rid of those thoughts.

In the silence of the van, her cellphone rang again.

"You can answer it now," Pandora advised. Lilith's siblings and Bobby had been trying to reach her for hours without stopping. Lilith had told them she was fine and would call them back later, but they kept calling with the intention of tracing her whereabouts. "We're entering an area protected by spells from our security girls. From here, they can't track you anymore, and if they could, I'd advise you to let them know it's a dangerous place with monsters lurking."

"And I'm safe here?" Lilith asked ironically, her eyes now wide open to the darkness of the forest.

"You couldn't be safer with us. No one has ever managed to invade my coven. There are usually monsters chasing us, but the spells confuse them and they lose the trail."

Her phone illuminated with the name Dean Winchester. Lilith didn't want to answer; she was tired of listening to shouting and fighting. Instead, she chose to send a message.

Lilith A

Hello. I have told you that I'm fine, and to spare you troubles and worries, I am in Salem. I am about to reach the coven, and I will speak to you in an hour.

Dean Winchester

All of this is not a game. You're only two years old? How could you disappear like this, and with the help of that damn witch who put us to sleep? I'm going to kill her.