14. moonlight kiss

◖𓈈﹗ ﹙ chapter fourteen
▬▬ moonlight kiss . . . ❜

Lilith liked to travel in the night

Lilith liked to travel in the night . The changes she had experienced over the past few weeks had finally destroyed any healthy structure in her sleep routine. Never before in her life had she felt so tired, lacking energy and with completely dry eyes. Resting her head on the pillow became a forbidden, almost phobic act that she only experienced when she lay down in the back seat of the Impala, sheltered by the night sky and the stars seen through the window. In those moments, Lilith would fall deeply asleep and only wake up from the arguments between the brothers.

"I don't know if going to the Roadhouse is the best idea," Dean was heard saying, waking up with swollen eyes and a big yawn. Lilith had no idea where they were going, as always, traveling from state to state daily left her feeling lost.

"Dean!" complained Sam, sounding quite fed up. "It's another vision, I know it. This is going to happen, and Ash can tell us where."

"Yeah, but..." Dean replied, but Lilith could observe some physical discomfort and hesitation in his response. "There are going to be hunters, and I don't know if it's best to go in saying that you're a supernatural phenomenon with demon connections, you know?"

Oh...here they go again with the discussions about Sam's visions.

"So, am I a phenomenon now?"

"You always have been," Dean joked, patting Sam's leg, and Lilith couldn't help but laugh at his response. "Goodnight princess, we're going to the Roadhouse, a hunter's bar."

"A bar? Then I need to change, I can't go like this."

"What's wrong with you? You look good, at least presentable," Dean leaned back for a second, checking how she was dressed.

Lilith rolled her eyes, trying not to get angry with Dean and insult him for the rest of the trip. It wasn't his fault that she had never been sexualized or harassed, although she could occasionally use her brain like her brother, who was now denying the pilot's ignorance. Lilith was well aware that the fault lay with men and not how a woman dressed. The quick solution - and the one she chose - was to reduce the chances of such a situation occurring, although nothing was ever guaranteed. Having to explain it made her feel repulsed.

"Drunk men plus a young girl with her whole abdomen out plus a cleavage equals a horrible situation. I don't want those idiots looking at me, so pull over somewhere or one of you two give me your jacket right now."

"I'll give you mine," Dean said right away, regretting having asked in the first place. He took off his jacket, sincerely horrible, which belonged to his father, and passed it to the back seat. "We're not too far away," he warned, turning on the radio again.

The hunter's jacket didn't exactly smell good, but the scent didn't faze Lilith, who caught a whiff of strong deodorant and dried blood from the back seat. The fabric had been through the lives of two monster hunters, and Lilith didn't expect the cologne she bought for Dean a couple of days ago to completely cover up the typical Winchester smell.