regina's special

◖𓈈﹗ ﹙ chapter special ﹚
❛ ▬▬ regina . . . ❜

Regina Arduenn blamed her biological parents for her obsession with motherhood

Regina Arduenn blamed her biological parents for her obsession with motherhood. Having grown up in an orphanage with other girls equally traumatized by abandonment, they would play at being mothers with rag dolls, breastfeeding them every five hours, changing diapers, and taking them for walks in strollers with missing wheels. She placed the complete blame for her unsatisfied maternal desire on them. She wondered what could lead a mother to abandon her daughter. In her inexperience and biased view fueled by egocentric emotions, she found it impossible to comprehend the adult world until she herself became a woman of strong character and a sharp tongue ready to accuse anyone who failed to meet her cherished moral standards.

She had been adopted at the age of ten by an adorable couple from Cambridge, Massachusetts. They were a wealthy, upper-class couple with an immense desire to have a daughter – a desire that couldn't be fulfilled through natural means. Adoption was their only opportunity to fulfill their biological duty of reproduction. Regina came to understand that the desire to be a mother was more complex than giving birth. Her adoptive parents showed her that family didn't end with blood and that there were many ways to start a family.

Her desire to become a mother was among her highest priorities, alongside becoming a respected lawyer, having graduated from Harvard. While her classmates discussed Willie Aames, she planned the fastest route to graduation so she could get pregnant at the age of twenty. It didn't matter to her whether it was with the love of her life or through a sperm bank. Regina believed that by the time she turned twenty-one, she would have a beautiful daughter in her arms. However, things didn't go as she had hoped.

During her adolescence, she discovered she was a witch. One day, a woman wearing a long, heavy burgundy dress with her hair tied up in a bun showed her the magic that resided within her. She was the heir of an ancient family of natural witches, the Morningstars, who were believed to have been wiped out by hunters during the Salem witch trials. Regina had learned about the supernatural world from a hunter and old friend named Mary Winchester, who had saved her from the clutches of a werewolf. She maintained discretion and didn't dare to investigate further, praying every morning and every night for her safety.

Being a witch brought forth a dilemma that forced her to connect with her true nature and bloodline of magic. As the last Morningstar, she carried coveted and powerful magic in her veins, a responsibility that required care and caution. She ventured into an unknown world out of necessity and curiosity. Her curiosity had always been insatiable, and her desire to learn outweighed her fear. She learned to be a witch to defend herself and, in the future, to protect her little daughter from the supernatural world.

She had achieved a duality that hadn't been seen in centuries, a modernity of witchcraft that she shared with mundanity. The best of both worlds.

Back then, the fight between species was calmer, peace agreements had been reached, and knowledge was shared. The factions of true natural witches and the others could coexist in harmony, focusing on their own affairs. Regina - who tried to be cautious about bringing witchcraft into her ordinary life - respected the low profile, almost secretive, nature of witchcraft. She didn't discuss it with anyone who wasn't a witch from her coven, except for Mary - accidentally - and a friendly hunter who was her friend, Lennard Ferrer.