sam's special

◖𓈈﹗﹙chapter special﹚
❛ ▬▬  sam . . . ❜

 ❜

                  When he saw his older brother burst into the apartment he shared with his girlfriend it was the devonic beginning of the journey into the past. He knew it from the strange nightmares he didn't want to take seriously, and if he had, maybe things would be different and Jess would be with him. He hadn't spoken to his family in four years, when he decided to go to college and study law, looking for the apple pie life, one that his best friend was destined for. The reunion triggered feelings he thought he had outgrown. By then, the philosophy that dictated his path made him detach himself from the family nucleus that had caused him pain and caused each other so much more. Walking away was the best thing for everyone, in time things would be better. He imagined marrying Jess, having a couple of kids and making his way to work at the same law firm as Regina Arduenn. He'd prove to his family that life went on after the hunt, that you could get out and leave all that shit behind.

             How wrong he was. With the death of the love of his life, his outlook on life changed. He took a second look at the past twenty-two years.

              He didn't consider himself a stubborn boy. He was one of those who loved to engage in deep conversation, he was happy with debates with solid and coherent arguments. Diatribe and exchanges of perspectives that made him adopt a new point of view were among the characteristics that made up his persona. In college, he was a student who paid close attention in class, raised his hand to ask the strangest questions, and was the number one provider of notes which, in the words of his classmates, knew how to bring out the most important part of a subject, just what the professor asked on exams. His mind was as active as his body. He had had a whole year to admit things he didn't want to before and look with new eyes at his brother and father and, ultimately, the problem of hunting and revenge.

             "How can there be so many people on one damn road?"

              Dean's plaintive scream for the fifth time in less than ten minutes made him wonder how much he was willing to give for a reckoning. Traffic jams on freeways were one of the things that got on Dean's nerves the most, and dealing with it was even worse for Sam.

              "Hey, who the fuck taught you how to drive?" These people don't know how to use their fucking turn signals."

                Dean didn't stop complaining until they were back on flat, straight, clear roads. The hunter's life wasn't luxurious, it was full of stinky motels with the smell of dirty, sloppy sex, nights on the road and fight marks on his body that made more than one girl wonder what kind of guy she was sleeping with. He'd had to learn to live with Dean from the bottom. Sam was an adult who hoped the big brother-little brother dynamic would change to one of partners, but it took him months to get Dean to stop treating him like a kid...hell, he even felt his dad still treating him like a kid who needed protection. He'd had enough of that crap since he'd gone back to the old life.