11. devil's trap

◖𓈈﹗﹙chapter eleven﹚
 ▬▬ devil's trap . . . ❜

 ❜

                 It had been a few days since Lilith understood the vastness of the witch world and the fact that an alpha was interested in her head caused a confinement in the junkyard, Bobby didn't even want to let her go to buy a bread alone. So Lilith was immersed in old and heavy books searching for a stamp remotely resembling the one on the letter, but luck was not on her side. She only found patterns with certain influences that had nothing to do with witches. She only hoped that the Hopkins family would call her with good news.

             The house was quiet until one of the telephones hanging on the wall began to ring. The old hunter got up from his desk with heaviness and shuffled his feet yawning, however after hearing Dean's voice on the other end of the line, his spirits went up a gazillion levels.

             "Sam and Dean are coming, some demons got John," Bobby reported. "That motherfucker got the Colt," she heard him mumble.

                The young woman put the book aside to look at Bobby with frightened eyes.

               "They got John," she repeated incredulously. "What's the Colt?"

               "It's a revolver that was made by Samuel Colt, it has thirteen bullets that, according to legend, can kill any creature. I guess they're not far from revenge for Mary's death."

               Bobby said nothing more and only checked the time at every minute. She didn't want to ask any more questions, but her nerves were killing her inside. After false announcements of the Winchesters' arrival, they heard the Impala's engine pull into the junkyard.

              "Hi, boys!" Lilith greeted them as soon as she saw them. "Are you all right?"

              "Hi Lilith," said Sam, the first to appear in the room, followed by his brother. "We're fine," he reassured her.

               Dean, as soon as he saw her, stopped his steps as if he remembered he had forgotten something in the impala, and after a few seconds of strange behavior he approached the sofa saying.

             "Hey... I'm sorry for what happened in New York," his voice sounded rushed which didn't end up being a sincere apology to Lilith.

            "You're forgiving, but you owe me another dinner and you'll pay" it was old stuff anyway.

            "Done."

             Sam had sat down where Bobby had been before and stuck his snub nose into an old book while Dean thanked Bobby for lending them a hand. The truth was, the Winchesters and Bobby hadn't ended on good terms after he'd threatened to blow John's brains out over some stupidity of Dean's. Lilith had been on Bobby's side, he was right in that conflict. Lilith decided to lose herself in the conversation by taking the role of listener until suddenly the mood became heavy, serious with a tone of mistery.