37. i lost a friend

◖𓈈﹗ ﹙ capitulo thirty-seven﹚
❛ ▬▬ I LOST A FRIEND . . . ❜

Between Friends and Seinfeld, Lilith loved Seinfeld because she thought she would fit in with that group of friends or simply go out with Elaine

Between Friends and Seinfeld, Lilith loved Seinfeld because she thought she would fit in with that group of friends or simply go out with Elaine. Lilith had been very social during preschool, but gradually that sociability faded as she grew up and ended up focusing on Sam Winchester and -unprofessionally- on her mother. Those had been the people she ran to when something bothered her mind and soul. It was fine for Lilith, dividing the people she shared her deep concerns with from those she went out to have fun and spend a good time with at the ice cream parlor or the mall. Her situation remained constant until she met Bella Crawford in high school.

Bella had come in as a new student. Just moved from California to Cambridge, Bella was a quiet and lonely girl. She twisted her hair between her fingers, pulling at it, and when the last bell of the day marked the end of the day, it took her an eternity to get to her bike and ride home. One day, the wheel of her bike had broken, and her mother had seen her looking very lost.

"Oh, poor girl," her mother said, placing her hands on the steering wheel. "Is she in your class?"

A fourteen-year-old Lilith looked up from the math exam she had on her lap and was redoing the equation that had cost her the A+, understanding the mistake she made. Bella struggled with the wheel of her bike. She was a thin girl with very fragile fingers to hold a pen, let alone have the energy to ride a bike. Her black hair fell straight down her jawline, hiding the view of her face with dark eyes and a prominent nose. She wore oversized pastel-colored hoodies, her whole aesthetic resembling that of a child: there were rainbow, teddy bear, and unicorn pins on her backpack.

"Yes," Lilith replied disinterestedly.

"Do you need help, dear?" Her mother got out of the car and closed the door behind her. Lilith didn't pay attention and continued to solve the equation. She had made a symbol error that messed up the whole equation. It made her nervous! And she checked the answers meticulously before handing in the exam! She would be angry for the rest of the day. "Make yourself comfortable, Bella, I'll take you home. This is my daughter Lilith, she's not very talkative."

"Hi," Lilith said, reacting to her mother's demeanor, which exhibited with severe cerulean eyes that she should be polite and kind to the girl.

"Hi," Bella murmured, sitting in the back seat of mom's car. She lowered her head and played with the hair that fell covering much of her face.

Mom turned around, took out the bike rack she kept in the trunk because sometimes Lilith rode her bike to school, and when she left, her mother picked her up. "Where do you live?" she asked once she returned.

"I usually go to the public library, I don't go home."

"Do you stay at the library all afternoon?" Lilith asked, putting away the things she had taken out to correct her mistake in her backpack.