04. a talk with sam

◖𓈈﹗﹙chapter four﹚
❛ ▬▬ a talk with sam . . . ❜

 ❜

              A bright, round moon invaded the firmament. The summer wind danced through the neighborhood bringing a wave of freshness that moderated the heavy atmosphere that had settled during the day. Lilith Arduenn felt slumped on one of the sofas in the main living room in a quiet thoughtful attitude. The Winchester brothers had brought two boxes of four-cheese pizza and a six-pack of beer for dinner, which they were gulping down watching an episode of the Simpsons. The girl had laid back on the cushions, in a fetal position, and pretended to enjoy the evening, though her eyes were slowly closing.

              "You haven't eaten anything, Lilith" Sam said, waking her suddenly. The cerulean eyes were startled by the light and she brought both hands to her face, clearing her tiredness.

              "I'm not hungry," she replied hurriedly, "I'm going to bed now, guys."

              "Are you okay?" Dean asked in dismay. Both brothers had their eyes on her as if she were a little girl about to burst into tears, they weren't off track either. "Aren't you going to wait for Bobby to call us?"

              "He's not going to call today," Lilith determined, stopping at the top of the stairs with a bitter tone in her voice, she didn't blame Bobby, she didn't blame anyone for the down mood she'd been in since she left old Mrs. Maud's house. "He couldn't find the seal in any of his books and obviously hasn't the faintest idea of the story behind it. Good night, boys."

              That day had emotionally drained Lilith. Her hopes fell into the garbage as soon as she realized that she was not making any progress and was still at the same point, maybe a window had opened with the arrival of the mysterious letter, but if she did not manage to decipher the hidden story she would never sleep peacefully again.

              She could not spend the rest of her life thinking about what had happened. Her emotions were still sensitive and at the slightest mention of a longed-for memory with her mother she would burst into tears, like the mourning of an orphan. Lilith hoped that time would be fair to her and give back her mother, and that these two weeks would turn into a horrible nightmare.

              For ten minutes she lay swooning on the bed, motionless, with a sad grimace and a watery gleam suffused in her eyes. It wasn't a day where her mind did not rest because of the battle of unanswered questions. Sam and Dean had come through as promised and done a good job interrogating Mom's friend, but they came back the same way they had left.

              The situation was already so unpleasant that she was beginning to believe the police version, because at the end of the day and as much as she fought not to be, she was the only one who kept a sense in line with the facts, even though Lilith still maintained like a maniac that her mother would never break her heart like that.