34. woman

◖𓈈﹗﹙chapter thirty- four
❛ ▬▬ woman . . .

Lilith watched a reality show about modeling on the television in Dorian's mansion living room, showcasing the behind-the-scenes of a fashion show

Lilith watched a reality show about modeling on the television in Dorian's mansion living room, showcasing the behind-the-scenes of a fashion show. Beautiful models ran around with flat stomachs and disgustingly perfect skin that made her cringe at the thought of focusing so much on looking like a Barbie doll. She sniffed a line of cocaine and leaned back against the sofa. And Dorian planned to involve her in that world? Considering her diagnosis of anorexia nervosa, it was more than enough to realize she should stay away from that industry; it would break her mind. Yesterday, when Dorian left, she was so angry that she went to the cemetery alone, her body on the verge of collapse from insomnia, starvation, and intoxication. She only managed to take a quick shower so that her mother wouldn't see her looking repulsive and smelling of decay. She stayed in a hotel overnight and didn't return to the mansion until the following day, late in the afternoon... and Dorian was in his office, which irritated her to no end. Just thinking about it reminded her of how angry she was yesterday.

She had some time to think a few minutes before falling asleep on the hotel bed about what she should do with Dorian, what he meant to her. She should have thought about it before accepting to be his girlfriend, but when she agreed, things were different. She was so happy, even though it wasn't her best time. Comparing how she felt then to how she felt now, she would give anything to turn back time and rewrite the future. She would do things differently, take better precautions. She was putting her well-being on hold, imagining that time would heal her heart in the future. She even hoped that Dean's return would bring joy to her life, though it was true that she would find out if Dean contacted her or if Sam had the balls to ask for her help with the spell. She truly felt so alone; she needed a family. Her boyfriend wasn't that, and her friends weren't either. She wanted her grandparents and her mother, people who had been in her life since she was little, someone she could trust.

One of the employees approached her, crossing an arched hallway with columns. Lilith prepared herself for a message from Dorian, a series of instructions that seemed to be from a rehabilitation center.

"Miss Arduenn," the employee said, keeping her distance out of concern that Lilith would lash out with hurtful words, as they saw her as a wicked witch. "A man who claims to be Bobby Singer is looking for you. Should I let him in?"

"Yes," she accepted, unsure if it was what she really wanted. She hated both Bobby and Sam. They were liars, hunters who never stopped seeing her as a dirty witch who was capable of drinking the blood of a yellow-eyed demon to save her mother.

She lit a cigarette and turned down the volume on the TV, waiting for him. She saw him arrive out of the corner of her eye and immediately felt her heart tighten in a painful stab. It hadn't been one of her best ideas.