23. mommy

◖𓈈﹗ ﹙ chapter twenty-three﹚
❛ ▬▬ mommy . . . ❜

Lilith slept peacefully, her body positioned towards the sky, basking in the full splendor of rest, allowing her to regain her lost strength

Lilith slept peacefully, her body positioned towards the sky, basking in the full splendor of rest, allowing her to regain her lost strength. She resembled a tired young girl after a party or a study session, and no one in their right mind would imagine what she had gone through to reclaim her happiness.

In her hand, there was a warm and sweet touch that lulled her with feelings, accompanied by gentle caresses through her hair, stirring every fiber of her being and granting her life. As she opened her eyes, the perfection of fulfillment was evident in a simple smile that illuminated her face, as if finally awakening from a terrible nightmare. She had missed that sensation. Lilith noticed her mother beside her, watching over her. She hadn't realized she had woken up; her mother embraced her with closed eyes, clearly revealing her own exhaustion. The frigid February sun streamed into the room through a small window. That was the second thing Lilith noticed. She was in a hospital.

"Mummy?" she called softly, gently patting her hand.

Regina jerked abruptly, her agitated movement hindered by the hoses supplying her daughter with intravenous fluids. Her initial reaction was far from what her daughter had expected, even startling Lilith. A few seconds later, her mother regained her composure and hugged her delicately, although Lilith wanted her to embrace her until she ran out of air.

"How are you? Does your body hurt?" her mother asked, holding her by the chin. Lilith observed tears welling up in her mother's eyes, realizing they were two peas in a pod. Lilith stood up with the help of her hands, now feeling various pains spreading throughout her body, with a focus on her abdomen. Memories soon flooded her brain.

"What happened?" she pieced together the small clues at her disposal, acting like a detective. She remembered running through the woods with a horde of monsters and witches chasing her life, and then she felt a blow to her head before losing consciousness.

"You were hit by a car. The couple brought you to the hospital, and you've been here for a week." She had a bandage on her abdomen, several patches on her arms and legs, and one on her right cheek. "Don't worry, my love, the injuries weren't severe. Barbara made a salve that expedited the healing process, and the patches are mostly to not scare the nurses."

"Yes..." she said in a breath, understanding what had happened. "I'm fine."

"I'm so sorry, baby. I didn't want any of this to happen to you. I did everything wrong, and you almost died. I'm sorry." Mom hugged her and cried into her hair. Lilith couldn't help the tormenting lump in her throat, and she always felt weak whenever she saw her mom cry-they had to do it together. "Bobby told me everything that happened, how it all began, what you found out, and what you were doing at the coven. I never wanted to involve you in this, I'm sorry."

"It doesn't matter," Lilith said, realizing that they both needed support. They were both broken, with unspoken words weighing on them. They had to talk about the other side of the moon, the darkest and most secret part. "I missed you. I wanted to see you again. I didn't know what the others were doing to you, and I wasn't going to stand idly by. Mom, I would do anything to have you back, whether you disappeared because of witches or humans. I'm fine being a witch; it doesn't scare me, and I understand why you didn't tell me. I swear I'm not angry, and I never was